PDA

View Full Version : flashing for 4l80

akafred
October 6th, 2012, 04:47 AM
i have a stock 12606807 os flash that needs the 4l80 segment. truck has been swapped to 4l80 and 6.0l

i cant find a os that matches, can i start with this flash

"2006 Chevrolet Silverado Truck Automatic LQ4 6.0 Litre (12587811)" found on holden and update it?

just want to make sure flashing this wont brick the ecm.

Taz
October 6th, 2012, 05:44 AM
Post your current tune (OS12606807) - will change it to a 4L80 for you.

Regards,
Taz

akafred
October 6th, 2012, 06:38 AM
So I can't flash the other? Going to his house right now...

Post your current tune (OS12606807) - will change it to a 4L80 for you.

Regards,
Taz

Taz
October 6th, 2012, 07:04 AM
... So I can't flash the other? ...

The LS1-B PCMs are very user friendly - Yes, you could Full Flash (OS & Cal) it with OS12587811. This would probably not be a problem in an engine conversion project. If this is an OEM vehicle, the different OS may / may not work as intended with all other modules - BCM / EBCM / IPC / ABM (SIR) / etc.

The tune you posted has been set up for a 4L80, and attached below.

Regards,
Taz

akafred
October 6th, 2012, 12:53 PM
that worked but i am having some problems...

background friends truck, i installed a 6.0 lq4 2 years ago flashed the air and spark tables from the 6.0, lately tranny fried and a third party installed the 4l80e and he needed me to flash it so he could drive it.

1)there is a evap code, and the purge valve cicks rapidly, wondering if the wiring mods were done correctly

2) stalls occasionally when dropped in gear, assume i need to change some of the idle tables to match the 6.0 tune?

seems to drive and shift fine, no codes come up other than the evap one.

thinking of just getting him to purchase a black-bear or similar tune.

Taz
October 6th, 2012, 09:19 PM
that worked but i am having some problems...

background friends truck, i installed a 6.0 lq4 2 years ago flashed the air and spark tables from the 6.0, lately tranny fried and a third party installed the 4l80e and he needed me to flash it so he could drive it.

1)there is a evap code, and the purge valve cicks rapidly, wondering if the wiring mods were done correctly

2) stalls occasionally when dropped in gear, assume i need to change some of the idle tables to match the 6.0 tune?

seems to drive and shift fine, no codes come up other than the evap one.

thinking of just getting him to purchase a black-bear or similar tune.

Sounds like multiple people have worked on this project - not always a good thing. The wiring harness pinouts (all of them) should be checked to confirm proper location and electrical continuity.

Attached below is the original tune you posted - but setup for a stock 2006 LQ4 6.0L and a 4L80. If the LQ4 is stock, and the injectors in use match the flow rate in this tune (not sure what year the LQ4 is) - then this should get you close. A WBO, and utilizing the CALC.VET or AutoVE / AutoMAF tuning techniques should get you the rest of the way.

As you have realized, owning tuning software and being a Tuner - are two different things.

If this project exceeds your abilities, then a reputable tuner (such as Black Bear you mentioned) may be the wisest choice.

Regards,
Taz

akafred
October 7th, 2012, 01:46 AM
I had never claimed to be a tuner, he just wants the correct stock tune on there.. I will have to go over the wiring and that is perfectly within my capabilities. Part of the problem was both me and the other guy were there and I didn't want to claim that the work he did was incorrect.

I also had to do crank relearn after flashing but it didn't seem to take the first few times, it finally went when cleared the evap code and did it directly after.

Taz where in Toronto are you? Truck is in waterdown..

engine plus transmission is out of a 05 van 100% stock

akafred
October 13th, 2012, 08:37 AM
ok follow up

today i tried to flash the 4l80 lq4 tune and it didnt work well at all...

flash went fine, as soon as you touch the accell pedal it got u0107 code

so tried flashing the same files with the accell pedal tables from the orig tune, same problem.

current codes
u1000 data
c0035 wheel
p0449 evap

I also had a 4l80 6.0 computer from a 05 that I thought that i would try for the heck of it, same thing as soon as you hit the accell it would crap out, same code.

so i went back to the first tune with the 4l80 segment swap and it seemed to be fine again, the only problem is getting it to do a crank relearn, i think the problem was the evap code so i temporarily shut the codes off and the crank relearn worked right away.

akafred
October 13th, 2012, 08:55 AM
should i copy the following tables from the 4.8 tune?
C6101
b5001

this truck is running the 4.8 maf still..

joecar
October 13th, 2012, 11:59 AM
Use the B5001 that was already running the engine.

akafred
October 13th, 2012, 01:34 PM
would the maf table cause the low power mode and u0107 code?

the biggest difference on both tables is less than 7.1%

it seems like this code is common on 06's with 05 and older os's

Taz
October 13th, 2012, 08:27 PM
would the maf table cause the low power mode and u0107 code?

the biggest difference on both tables is less than 7.1%

it seems like this code is common on 06's with 05 and older os's

A 2005 tune cannot be used on a 2006 truck - this is what I was referring to in post #4 - regarding module compatibility. In the 2006 model year Gen III trucks received a new TAC module and a new APP (gas pedal) - these components were carried over into the 2007 "Classic" model Gen III trucks.

With respect to Gen III trucks, in broad terms, 2003 to 2005 model years are mutually compatible, and 2006 to 2007 model years are mutually compatible, but these two groups are not completely cross-compatible.

Do you know what year / model the LQ4 engine is from ? If possible, can you post the component number on the injectors being used. The MAFs are the same component, the difference is in the calibration.

Once the injector flow is confirmed, or altered as necessary, then you can use the 4.8L & 4L80 tune I posted, or the 6.0L & 4L80 tune I posted as a starting point - doesn't matter which - and tune with a WBO from there. With this mix and match of parts, trying to cut and paste a tune will probably not work very well.

Regards,
Taz

akafred
October 14th, 2012, 11:52 AM
6.0L & 4L80 tune does not work, it goes into low power mode with u0107 code as soon as you touch the accelerator pedal

the exact same thing happens with 2005 computer/tune.. (did this just for test)

did you somehow copy a 2005 engine segment to the 2006 tune?

i guess i will try to manually copy the tables from a 6l engine segment to the 4.8-4l80 tune

the engine + transmission is out of a 2005 express van

Taz
October 14th, 2012, 12:06 PM
... did you somehow copy a 2005 engine segment to the 2006 tune? ...

No - not possible, can only swap segments from identical OS.

... i guess i will try to manually copy the tables from a 6l engine segment to the 4.8-4l80 tune

the engine + transmission is out of a 2005 express van ...

Why would you use 2005 calibration parameters for a 2006 truck / PCM ? Especially when both hardware and software changes occurred in the 2006 model year.

I still have no idea what year the LQ4 is, or what injectors are being used. Until you sort this out, or simple break out the WBO and complete CALC. VET or AutoVE / AutoMAF tuning - you will probably go in circles with the copy & paste approach to tuning.

Regards,
Taz

akafred
October 14th, 2012, 12:39 PM
for the third time THE ENGINE AND TRANSMISSION IS OUT OF A 2005 EXPRESS VAN..

i have not tried to copy and paste anything yet.. yesterday we loaded the 6.0l 4l80 tune you provided and it does not work, it goes into low power mode as soon as you touch the accel pedal. would I not want to have a the stock 6.0l lq4 tables before going further?

all i am trying to achieve is to get a stock 6.0l 4l80e tune on to the pcm so my friend can drive his truck until his headers get installed next month, at that time it will be getting a blackbear or similar tune.

also i cant even begin to try to tune this my self if it craps out and goes into low power mode as soon as you touch the pedal? i cant even data log to purchase a third party tune.

Taz
October 14th, 2012, 03:04 PM
Had been trying to help you. Nice to know where the engine is from - see it in your posts on a reread - should have reread the thread - my apologies. The tunes I swapped segments for you - were from the tune that you posted. These are not tunes I PROVIDED but rather your tune (OS) where I helped out with stock segment swaps.

It is unfortunate your tune (OS) with stock 6.0L and 4L80 segments swapped in did not work for you. If the 4.8L tune with the 4L80 segment seems to work, then adjust the cylinder volume to reflect a 6.0L engine, and tune from this point.

Regards,
Taz

akafred
October 14th, 2012, 11:27 PM
i appreciate the help, sorry for getting frustrated.

On the tune that you did the 6l segment swap, is the 6.0 segment from a van? if so that would probably explain the codes coming up.

mauro's automotive
April 16th, 2020, 11:07 AM
do you still have that 12587811/4L80E file? im going crazy looking for one. thanks