PDA

View Full Version : So who can you trust?

GMPX
March 2nd, 2006, 01:33 AM
Mmmm

Cheers,
Ross

wait4me
March 2nd, 2006, 02:18 AM
Sepll checker? Wuts that?

johnsZ06
March 6th, 2006, 06:54 AM
You would think they could recognize their own software. :nixweiss:

TAQuickness
March 6th, 2006, 11:55 AM
:D No telling what WMP10 expsoses you to

GMPX
March 6th, 2006, 03:20 PM
What's a good alternative........don't say iTunes, optimised to make a PC runs slow so you want a Mac.

Cheers,
Ross

TAQuickness
March 6th, 2006, 10:24 PM
try www.winamp.com

GMPX
March 7th, 2006, 12:57 AM
I remember using this back in the days of Win95/98.
Anyway, looks to have matured into a good product.
Time to uninstall Media Player. The only reason I got the update is it kept complaining some file was out of date, so I'd download the update, good for a few plays, then the warnings came back.
I see too Winamp has a iPod plug in, so now I can also get rid of that awful iTunes program.

Thanks,
Ross

TAQuickness
March 7th, 2006, 02:01 AM
I remember using this back in the days of Win95/98.
Anyway, looks to have matured into a good product.
Time to uninstall Media Player. The only reason I got the update is it kept complaining some file was out of date, so I'd download the update, good for a few plays, then the warnings came back.
I see too Winamp has a iPod plug in, so now I can also get rid of that awful iTunes program.

Thanks,
Ross

Been using it since then.

When you install winamp, be sure to do the custom install so you can deselect some of the recently added garbage to the install. Otherwise, the install is clean, and if you remove it, it appears to be completely removed.

There is also a plug-in available for winamp that allows you to stream your files. Quite handy to pick up the stream while you are working in the garage.

emarkay
March 15th, 2006, 01:51 PM
http://www.videolan.org/vlc/ - The only media player needed for motion images.
http://www.irfanview.com/ - The only program needed to view still images (It also does a few motion images, too)
...and yea winamp is the best audio player.