PDA

View Full Version : Any way to make a new alarm in V2?

Protec
October 8th, 2012, 04:26 AM
Is there the ability to make a new alarm parameter in the V2?

Ive been dealing with reduced power issues on an LS3 swap and would love to make an alarm that would elicit when the TPS 1 & TPS 2 percentages were more than say 4% apart from one another.

Not sure if this could be done???

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks,

John

joecar
October 8th, 2012, 06:19 AM
Yes, start V8 S&T, goto BBx, for pidlists matching your ECM (delete all others), add/modify a pid for your TP, at the bottom you can set an alarm, Save, Program.

I don't think the alarm for a pid can reference other pids (seems not).

Protec
October 8th, 2012, 07:03 AM
Joe,

Thanks... That's my problem...

I need TPS1% to alarm when lesser or greater than TPS2% by 4%......

If we can't reference other pids it won't go...

Thanks anyway!

John

swingtan
October 8th, 2012, 11:29 AM
What error code gets logged with your reduced power mode?

Protec
October 8th, 2012, 02:23 PM
Simon,

P2135

Thanks,

John

swingtan
October 8th, 2012, 03:10 PM
Ahh, OK then. So just logging the two PIDs and reviewing doesn't give enough info? Actually, is there a way to force a flag in the log when a DTC is triggered? That would be a very nice option (hint,hint....)

Protec
October 9th, 2012, 06:11 AM
What we have discovered for this GM issue is that prior to the reduced power episode the TPS1 & 2 percentages will start to split, more than 2%, increase progressively and when the difference is 6%-9% throw the vehicle into RP or in some instances, shut the vehicle down as a perceived safety precaution.

What I would like to do is have an alarm that when the TPS's sensors split to 4% I can anticipate that I will soon be experiencing a RP episode, make sure I'm in a pull off lane or safe place to work through the episode. Basically I can keep my eyes on the road and have the alarm be in indicator that a problem is about to present itself until I can resolve this issue in my specific situation.

More of a personal issue, but nonetheless something I wanted to see if the software could accomplish until I get this resolved.

Thanks everyone.

John

Blacky
October 9th, 2012, 01:47 PM
Make a calculated PID that calculates the difference between the two TP PIDs, then place the alarm on the calculated PID.

Regards
Paul

Blacky
October 9th, 2012, 01:52 PM
Ahh, OK then. So just logging the two PIDs and reviewing doesn't give enough info? Actually, is there a way to force a flag in the log when a DTC is triggered? That would be a very nice option (hint,hint....)

If the DTC you want to monitor is an emissions related DTC, just log MONDTC. It won't tell you what DTC was tripped, it will only tell you the number of DTC's that are set. But if you're only chasing one it should be pretty obvious in the log when it tripped.

Regards
Paul

joecar
October 9th, 2012, 02:04 PM
Make a calculated PID that calculates the difference between the two TP PIDs, then place the alarm on the calculated PID.

Regards
PaulHi Paul, can you do this with V2...?

Blacky
October 9th, 2012, 02:47 PM
Hi Paul, can you do this with V2...?

Not in BBL mode, but if you've got a laptop in the car in pass-thru mode it would work.

Regards
Paul

joecar
October 9th, 2012, 03:07 PM
Ah, ok, gotcha, I see, an alarm on the gauge displaying the calc pid of the difference between the two TP pids.

Protec
October 11th, 2012, 01:47 PM
I'll give that a try...

Thanks,

John