PDA

View Full Version : CAN ANYBODY PLEASE HELP!!! ECM CODE P062F with EFI and I cannot get rid of it.....

Dmaxxfan
October 12th, 2012, 06:42 AM
I Need help with my LMM!!!!

I know I am not exactly new to this forum however I am not exactly the old pro but I am at wits end with my truck and the check engine light.

I know this is a long story, however I will provide you with as much info so that hopefully someone can help.

I have a 2008 LMM with the following modifications:
Turbo back 5 inch exhaust-no cat, no dpf, no muffler.
EGR block plate -pain in the ass to install but I managed
PCV reroute
K&N intake and filter
And EFI LIVE tuning with dsp 5 switch from Rob Coddens (Idaho Rob)
High flow manifold
Turbo and Pyro gauges.

I will start from the top.
I bought my truck in feb of 2012 did my modifications and tuning. My truck ran perfect, not a single issue UNTIL.....
In August I came out to my truck after a long day at work and went to start it and got stranded with the VATS "NO START" issue.
After saying some choice words I was able to get home and grab my laptop and EFI tuner and get back to my truck. I said to hell with VATS and went into EFI and completely disabled the VATS system. That fixed the issue started right up and no problems....
I continued driving my truck for a few months with not issues and about 5 days ago on 10/05/12 my check engine light came on. I scanned my truck with EFI and it showed the following faults:

P062F "Control Module Long Term Memory Performance" EPA ($11) "Engine Control Module (ECM)"

P062F "Control Module Long Term Memory Performance" EPA Pending ($11) "Engine Control Module (ECM)"

P062F "Control Module Long Term Memory Performance" MPHC ($11) "Engine Control Module (ECM)"

Before trying to ask any questions without doing a little research I checked all over the internet and found out that there was an update to the GM operating system.
So here is my issue: I have a 5 inch exhaust welded up under my truck and the last thing I want to do is take everything down and return to stock just for the update.

So I got ahold of Idaho Rob from ATP and told him about my issue and asked him if he had the latest operating system for my LMM and if he did would he be able to redo my DSP5 tunes and send it to me.

As Always ROB and Dustin were more than helpful and ROB took care of me and got me my tuning incredibly fast. He sent me the tuning on OPERATING SYSTEM 52628594, Just for info. I originally had OPERATING SYSTEM 52617083.

So I loaded the new programming and again I have a check engine light with:

P062F "Control Module Long Term Memory Performance" EPA ($11) "Engine Control Module (ECM)"

P062F "Control Module Long Term Memory Performance" EPA Pending ($11) "Engine Control Module (ECM)"

P062F "Control Module Long Term Memory Performance" MPHC ($11) "Engine Control Module (ECM)"

I am stuck here because I have tried everything that I know of to fix this issue. I tried reloading the stock tune then reloading the new DSP5 tune again and I am still faced with the above listed faults.

What do I do. I am going crazy here because I hate the check engine light...
I can go into EFI LIVE and disable the code so that it does not display but I don't feel right ignoring something if there is a problem. The last thing I want is to be stranded again. Anybody have any ideas???

Is my ECM going bad? Is it my tuning?
I just have no idea why everything was fine for this long and then now I'm throwing codes.

Sorry for the long post but I want to be clear and complete so I hopefully can get this solved.

Thanks,
Dan

GMC-2002-Dmax
October 13th, 2012, 03:20 PM
Try a new ecm ???

killerbee
October 14th, 2012, 12:50 AM
Agree. Get a dealer diagnosis. They are good for something, even if you have mods. Naturally you will want to have your stock tune loaded, as the dealer will play with flash procedure. Just don't ask for warranty service, and you should be good with the service manager.

If you need an ECM, Rob may have one, we have plenty in stock also.