PDA

View Full Version : Want to log your Autometer full sweep electric gauges?

kp
March 2nd, 2006, 06:57 PM
I wanted to log my fuel pressure and I remember reading in the Autometer gauge instructions that most 'full sweep' electric (2 5/8 Phantom fuel pressure in my case) autometer gauges have an output to be used with their logger. If your gauge has the little square 10 pin connector on the back it most likely has the output.

There is no specs on the output but I assume they are all 0-4.5v full sweep. The fuel pressure gauge is .5v at zero and .4 volt for every 10psi. A voltmeter and a few minutes is all it takes to figure out the voltage output/reading. I used the lookup function on the calculated PID and it works great.

Kind of a strange connector, I just cut it back a little and used the connectors/wire from a computer CD drive audo cable, fit the pins perfect.

Just another way to use the external voltage inputs, kind of nice of autometer to have an output on some of their gauges. :beer:

joecar
March 2nd, 2006, 09:57 PM
kp, good work, that's cool, innovative.

:2 thumbs up:

Regards
Joe
:cheers:

chpspecial
April 23rd, 2006, 09:01 AM
so theoretically this would also work with autometers phantom boost gauge that has the same capabilites as the fuel pressure right?

Lennart
November 11th, 2006, 09:59 PM
I need to check my Pyro (Phantom II) if that outputs the voltage as well. The connector on the back sure looks similar.

sweetdiesel
November 29th, 2007, 03:35 PM
very cool!

thanks for sharing

sweetdiesel
December 28th, 2007, 03:46 PM
pressure works great, EGTS dont work on those pins

Jasondt2001
June 16th, 2009, 06:53 AM
I wonder how you can figure out TEMPS with that..? I have a Ultralite II oil temperature gauge and would like to log it - when i plugged it into the temp1 port of V2 it went to around 800C and fluctuated DOWN when the temperature got HOTTER...