PDA

View Full Version : CSP5 - Cummins Switchable tuning - it's HERE!

cindy@efilive
October 16th, 2012, 07:52 PM
Today marks the release of our latest newsletter....if you haven't subscribed, you should, if you have you already know that we have commenced beta testing of our CSP5 Cummins Switchable tuning.

You can subscribe and read all about it here http://myemail.constantcontact.com/EFILive-October-Newsletter.html?soid=1109942844716&aid=iQdPes4eEK4

Cheers
Cindy

Howling
October 16th, 2012, 10:43 PM
Thanks for the update

HVD Performance
October 17th, 2012, 03:04 AM
So ready for this on my 6.7 but im really waiting on the sci trucks. This is great news to keep moving foward with your products.

ScarabEpic22
October 17th, 2012, 06:27 AM
Awesome! Glad to see the work that's been going on for a while get to beta!

cindy@efilive
October 17th, 2012, 10:12 AM
Here are a couple of screen shots

skneeland
October 18th, 2012, 05:21 AM
this "6th tune" you speak of activating with a ECM pin. does the V2 have to be connected for this to function as well?

It would be great if it didnt, i think most people would be happy with even a 2 tune selectable setup (and leaving the V2 at home). From my experience 99% of the people that really push for the switchable tuning really only "need" two tunes, 1 a tow tune that they can hold the pedal to the floor all day long and not hurt anything, 2 an all out, no holds barred play/race tune

GMPX
October 18th, 2012, 08:09 AM
this "6th tune" you speak of activating with a ECM pin. does the V2 have to be connected for this to function as well?
No it doesn't, this input overrides the other 5 tunes without the V2 needing to be plugged in.

comnrailpwr
October 18th, 2012, 09:01 AM
Awesome news.

WyoFreeride
October 19th, 2012, 06:10 AM
Awesome! !
Wish I had a 5.9 to play with instead of a 6.7

killerbee
October 19th, 2012, 11:35 AM
Where do we subscribe for the newsletter?

GMPX
October 19th, 2012, 01:06 PM
If you view the link Cindy put in (the web version), just above the 'October 2012' orage text is a blue button "Join Email List"

DODGE74
October 21st, 2012, 05:16 AM
Cindy,

I see in the newsletter that the new update will lock the ecm to keep unwanted copying but will it lock the ecm if someone was to return the stock tune in the ecm?

Or is it going to be like Smarty and lock the stock file so no one can read it and if you wanted to tune a truck you must go the the depot and pull a stock file that way.

FUBAR
October 21st, 2012, 05:33 AM
What was 'broke' with the way it's setup now? Tuner/user has the discretion of locking if so they choose.

GMPX
October 21st, 2012, 08:45 AM
Actually the auto lock was implemented due to the fact we are now writing data to areas of the ECM that cannot be read back out (Cummins restriction), so any attempt to read a CSP5 tune would give an incomplete (unusable) file anyway. Rather than try to handle this situation through support we just lock the ECM. But remember on Cummins locking only stops them being read, you can still flash a tune over the top of a locked CSP5 ECM. Also, we would always be recommending you convert the tune you read from the truck to CPS5, so you should always be able to revert back.

gneal02
October 29th, 2012, 02:27 AM
So will the edge insight CTS eventually be able to switch the tunes like on certain years of the Duramax?

cindy@efilive
October 29th, 2012, 10:34 AM
I'd like to think that there would be a number of Gauge/monitor companies that would be interested in working with us again, as for Edge, who knows we would welcome that discussion, however now they have an agreement with Smarty so there would be a number of considerations to be made.

Cheers
Cindy

comnrailpwr
October 29th, 2012, 11:15 AM
One thing these companies need realize is that efilive is not their competition. Efilive is a very intricate tuning/logging software. Their real competition is the thousands of tuners out there who just happen to get really good with the tools provide by Efilive. All these box tuner manufacturers get sour because of Efilive quick oncoming success. To me Cindy, Ross, Paul and the rest of the crew all you have done is give us what we ask for without having to be apart of the secret bff circle j€rk. Everything has always been hush hush with mystery numbers. Your customer support is second to none and although I'm anxiously waiting for SCI support, I am looking forward to the enhanced logging software. This will help me better tune customer trucks. Thanks for everything.

WisconsinHick1
November 6th, 2012, 12:23 PM
I'm sure this isn't as desirable as the CSP5 but do you guys have a CSP2 or is that going to be in the works?

comnrailpwr
November 6th, 2012, 12:55 PM
You will have the ability to change between your daily driver tune and any other single tune you would like via toggle switch.

GMPX
November 6th, 2012, 01:44 PM
Unlike the Duramax, there is not going to be specific '2 tune' or '5 tune' OS's, one does the lot. So the same CSP5 tune could be used to switch the following ways.

Switched via CAN bus only - 5 tunes (base plus 4 tunes).
Switched via toggle only - 2 tunes (base plus 1 tune).
Switched via CAN and Toggle - 6 tunes (base plus 5 tunes).

The toggle switch tune overrides all the CAN tunes. It's original intention was to be used as a specific tune that would automatically activate if a relay state change was detected (eg Nitrous), but in the end it really could be used as a simple two position tune. The ECM would still use the default base CAN tune, then when the switch is thrown it would jump to the toggle switch tune. It's pretty versatile in it's application.

We hope to have some final testing done this week, then I will need to apply (and test) for three more OS's to cover off majority of what people will want to upgrade, then it will be released. Time frame? Not sure, obviously as soon as everything falls in to place.

WyoFreeride
November 7th, 2012, 06:42 AM
Will the CAN commands be published so those of us that want to can build our own tune switching/monitoring device? (Android phone and BT dongle or Arduino with CAN interface is what I am leaning towards)

This will be exciting, I hope you are able to get something similar with the newer ECMs as well.

GMPX
November 7th, 2012, 08:43 AM
Will the CAN commands be published so those of us that want to can build our own tune switching/monitoring device? (Android phone and BT dongle or Arduino with CAN interface is what I am leaning towards)
Yes the commands are all documented, but, it's not intended as general public knowledge, at our discretion we will provide the information to interested parties.

KhakiCummins
November 7th, 2012, 10:08 AM
Finally started doing some data logging so that I can start doing my own tuning and can't wait for BBL for the Cummins. Having to carry the laptop around is kind of a pain. I can only imagine how inconvenient it is for you guys that do this on a regular basis. I appreciate all the work EFILive is doing to get us features as quickly as possible and look forward to all the great things that they have in store for the future.

2007 5.9
November 7th, 2012, 12:02 PM
BBL is Ssoooo nice.

I too hate dragging the laptop everywhere I went...not anymore.

FUBAR
November 8th, 2012, 11:10 AM
BBL is Ssoooo nice.

I too hate dragging the laptop everywhere I went...not anymore.

Nothing like rubbing it in...

KhakiCummins
November 14th, 2012, 11:07 AM
How's the Beta testing going?

FUBAR
November 14th, 2012, 02:03 PM
Probably good..no one's been on here to report because they're all out having fun before they have to make a billion switchable tunes!

cindy@efilive
November 14th, 2012, 02:29 PM
Have to make a couple more small changes to the EDA scan tool side of thins, and wait for some feedback on the 6th tune and we are good to transpose everything to the other OS's.

The CSP itself hasn't required any changes.

Chers
Cindy

FUBAR
November 14th, 2012, 02:50 PM
I'm so glad I bought a '06...that is all.

06redram
November 16th, 2012, 04:05 PM
Same here Fubar

GMPX
December 19th, 2012, 03:39 PM
Just a quick update before the year is out.
We've decided to hold off the release of the CSP5 tunes until there was several switching solutions available to use. There is currently several companies working on a variety of switching solutions for you all so when these are released you will have many choices on how you want to switch tunes. We are probably looking mid January as a public release with some of (if not all) 3rd party switching products ready to go at the same time, but I'm not going to give you any hints on who they are :sneaky:

jordylee18
December 20th, 2012, 02:45 AM
Are you going to release a beta version before the public version?

GMPX
December 20th, 2012, 08:00 AM
Yes, that is our usual process.

jordylee18
January 18th, 2013, 12:09 PM
Any updates? Semi-patiently waiting. :)

cindy@efilive
January 22nd, 2013, 04:55 PM
Our January newsletter featuring a range of our switching solutions is now available.

More solutions will be featured over the coming months as we work out integration agreements with other providers.

http://myemail.constantcontact.com/EFILive-January-Newsletter.html?soid=1109942844716&aid=4BJ2sGBN5K4

Cheers
Cindy

beav
February 4th, 2013, 05:16 AM
Our January newsletter featuring a range of our switching solutions is now available.

More solutions will be featured over the coming months as we work out integration agreements with other providers.

http://myemail.constantcontact.com/EFILive-January-Newsletter.html?soid=1109942844716&aid=4BJ2sGBN5K4

Cheers
Cindy

It's early Feb..."are we here yet?" :ermm: Really pumped for the CSP5!!!

GMPX
February 4th, 2013, 08:45 AM
Time flies!! From our end I am still finishing off all the other OS's for the 5.9L (we have been using just one for testing), and last I heard the switch makers were also just finalising everything. I suppose everyone is a little cautious as we know this will be very popular and everyone wants to make sure everything is working perfect.

j.stanton2009
February 10th, 2013, 10:30 AM
How long do you project the release date to be from now? This is really exciting stuff! Im a duramax guy, and im a little jealous of some of the cool features the Cummins folks will have!

Boost
February 11th, 2013, 02:04 AM
Time flies!! From our end I am still finishing off all the other OS's for the 5.9L (we have been using just one for testing), and last I heard the switch makers were also just finalising everything. I suppose everyone is a little cautious as we know this will be very popular and everyone wants to make sure everything is working perfect.

Fair enough, definitely worth the wait.

02CCSB
March 6th, 2013, 03:11 AM
...waits semi-patiently... :grd:

SCason
March 6th, 2013, 04:48 AM
...waits semi-patiently... :grd:

What he said ^^^ :mrgreen:

GMPX
March 6th, 2013, 08:10 AM
Latest news is the switching products are all nearing completion, the (sort of) bad news is that we've had some of the beta testers report that they are having decreased MPG when running the CSP tunes, so we are currently trying to figure out what might be causing that.

KhakiCummins
March 6th, 2013, 09:08 AM
A heavy right foot... :grin:

GMPX
March 6th, 2013, 09:24 AM
Well, that was the initial suspicion, but no, not the case.

stang66007
March 31st, 2013, 03:04 PM
just looking for an update, thanks

Hammer
April 11th, 2013, 11:35 PM
Any Progress On this yet?

With my 2005 converted to run EFI Live I am very interested in the switchable tuning so we can add our nitrous tunes to the truck and switch them with little down time........Andy

cindy@efilive
April 12th, 2013, 11:14 AM
We will provide an update when we have some concrete feedback for you. At this point testing continues.

Cheers
Cindy

beav
April 28th, 2013, 10:34 AM
Couple questions...
1. Will this support 6.7 Cummins engines (mine is an 08 ECU)?
2. If so, I am using this engine in a custom application and am currently wiring the C2 connections from the ECU to the firewall. Are there currently provisions for hard-wired switching; if so, which pins would I need to run from the ECU in order to support this even if it is not going to be in the first release? I would just like to take the opportunity to button up my wiring without having to dig back into it.

Thanks!

cindy@efilive
April 28th, 2013, 12:38 PM
Couple questions...
1. Will this support 6.7 Cummins engines (mine is an 08 ECU)?
2. If so, I am using this engine in a custom application and am currently wiring the C2 connections from the ECU to the firewall. Are there currently provisions for hard-wired switching; if so, which pins would I need to run from the ECU in order to support this even if it is not going to be in the first release? I would just like to take the opportunity to button up my wiring without having to dig back into it.

Thanks!

1. The first release is ONLY for 06-07 5.9L customers. 07-09 6.7L support will be developed AFTER 5.9L release.
2. There are no provisions for a 'true' hard wired switch as such. An in cab switch will need to be wired back to the OBD port, NOT the ECM.

Cheers
Cindy

beav
April 28th, 2013, 12:50 PM
I'll move forward and I hope you get the 6.7 support soon after you go release the 5.9 version.

Thanks very much!

gneal02
June 2nd, 2013, 08:39 AM
Any new news on this?

GMPX
June 2nd, 2013, 08:58 AM
Yes, 6 x OS's completed for CSP5 conversion (three for each year model), with the final round of testing is happening this week (fingers crossed this is the final round).

beav
June 2nd, 2013, 09:01 AM
Yes, 6 x OS's completed for CSP5 conversion (three for each year model), with the final round of testing is happening this week (fingers crossed this is the final round).
Congrats!!! Assuming this is going to be a successful release, when (okay don't shoot me for asking) do you expect to start the development for 6.7 Cummins support?

Thanks!

cindy@efilive
June 2nd, 2013, 09:16 AM
Congrats!!! Assuming this is going to be a successful release, when (okay don't shoot me for asking) do you expect to start the development for 6.7 Cummins support?

Thanks!

That has always been the plan start 6.7 right after 5.9 is released....it's just taken a little longer to get 5.9 up and running to be a product we are happy to give to our customers.

Cheers
Cindy

comnrailpwr
June 2nd, 2013, 09:45 AM
I'm more excited about EDA with this release. Still happening at the same time?

GMPX
June 2nd, 2013, 11:18 AM
Yes, the EDA scan update is part of CSP5, it's all in the one thing, 38 individual data parameters at 40+ fps can only be described as awesome!

beav
June 2nd, 2013, 11:33 AM
Reading your newsletter on CSP5, it speaks about a "6th" hardwire tune that allows you to ground a spare pin on the ECU...is that still the case or has that option been abandoned?

GMPX
June 2nd, 2013, 01:13 PM
It's still there, so yes technically there is 6 selectable tunes, 5 via the CAN bus and one more via an input pin on the ECM (toggle switch, relay contact etc).

beav
June 2nd, 2013, 01:15 PM
It's still there, so yes technically there is 6 selectable tunes, 5 via the CAN bus and one more via an input pin on the ECM (toggle switch, relay contact etc).
Great, thanks!

FUBAR
June 3rd, 2013, 04:42 AM
Yes, 6 x OS's completed for CSP5 conversion (three for each year model)

Which OS's and are there plans to support all known OS's? I'm running on a fresh dealer flash w/ high idle enabled that I had to obtain to rid the gremlin's in my last tune. Flashing a non-dealer based tune just to obtain the ability to run CSP scares the #%+/!! out of me after all the headaches I went through with supposed 'clean' stock files. Thanks,

2007 5.9
June 3rd, 2013, 04:45 AM
Andrew ill review your OS tonight to see if its supported. Im pretty sure Ross supported the popular os's

GMPX
June 3rd, 2013, 10:01 AM
Which OS's and are there plans to support all known OS's? I'm running on a fresh dealer flash w/ high idle enabled that I had to obtain to rid the gremlin's in my last tune. Flashing a non-dealer based tune just to obtain the ability to run CSP scares the #%+/!! out of me after all the headaches I went through with supposed 'clean' stock files. Thanks,
The latest dealer OS's for both 2006's and 2007's are supported, that was necessary for the California trucks.

CSP5 supported OS's
2006's:

2007's:

Cheers,
Ross

FUBAR
June 8th, 2013, 06:58 AM
1135-6-0.......2!!!!!! Jackpot!! I'm in, woot woot!!

Quinton
June 12th, 2013, 01:19 AM
So in order to use the csp5 switch the controller has to be a edge monitor correct?

2007 5.9
June 12th, 2013, 01:21 AM
No there are supposed to be several switches avail, but yes a Edge Insight will be able to along with your v2/AC.

Quinton
June 12th, 2013, 01:39 AM
No there are supposed to be several switches avail, but yes a Edge Insight will be able to along with your v2/AC.

Any idea where I can find a switch? Any vendors selling them?

2007 5.9
June 12th, 2013, 01:47 AM
Not yet since csp isint released.

Quinton
June 12th, 2013, 01:48 AM
Okay so then only thing that will work right now is a edge insight for switching tunes in a cummins?

2007 5.9
June 12th, 2013, 01:54 AM
Nothing works right now besides your V2/AC (when it's released) but I'd anticipate edge having a software update shortly after csp is released for the insight.

cindy@efilive
June 12th, 2013, 02:32 PM
Les is right, all our testing is being done on our hardware - hardware we retain control over for testing purposes. Upon public release, there will be other switching options, including the Edge unit, along with SoCal Diesel's CSP switch, DrewTech's DashDAQ, Palmer Performance's Dash Command App (initially for Android), and StarLite Diesel's StarLog, an integrated data logging device and tune switcher for Android.

Product details of most of those options, along with pictures can be found here in our Newsletter http://myemail.constantcontact.com/EFILive-January-Newsletter.html?soid=1109942844716&aid=4BJ2sGBN5K4

Cheers
Cindy

mkoontz1
July 8th, 2013, 02:16 AM
Cindy,
Any update on the release of this?

Thanks!!!

GMPX
July 10th, 2013, 09:17 AM
A few non beta testers are now using it, we just wanted some more feedback on documentation to new users before release.

jordylee18
July 12th, 2013, 11:55 AM
I know, I know. You'll tell us when it's released but I'm bouncing off the walls for EDA. Any updates?

cindy@efilive
July 12th, 2013, 12:16 PM
It's in our next release, scheduled for next week

Cheers
Cindy

SCason
July 18th, 2013, 06:46 AM
1135-6-0.......2!!!!!! Jackpot!! I'm in, woot woot!!

Hey FUBAR, can you message me when you get a minute? Thanks - Scott