PDA

View Full Version : swapping from a 4.8 to a lq9 tune changes

loganlewis
October 17th, 2012, 03:34 PM
I currently have an efi tune for the setup in my truck now, but this weekend I am buying an LQ9 to drop in it that im getting for a good deal. What changes have to be made to go from a 4.8 to a 6.0? I know the VE table and MAF table. But is there any other tables that need to be changed? thanks

ScarabEpic22
October 17th, 2012, 06:50 PM
Injectors (IFR, pw tables), VE, MAF curve, and dont forget the spark tables! For an LQ9, Id look at either a Silverado SS or Escalade for those values. Use the IFR/injector tables as-is from the LQ9 tune, then use the spark and VE stuff as a starting point and tune from there.

BLK02WS6
October 17th, 2012, 11:27 PM
With swaps, the best way to look at it is that the table has to match the component - injector tables match which injectors you use, MAF table matches the MAF you use, VE and spark match the engine (heads/cam/etc) you use. Get a stock tune from the donor vehicle and your vehicles tune, and take what you need from each. Too many times I have seen people keep some parts from the original vehicle, and use some parts from the donor - so, this is the best way I find to explain it...

loganlewis
October 18th, 2012, 12:48 AM
Injectors (IFR, pw tables), VE, MAF curve, and dont forget the spark tables! For an LQ9, Id look at either a Silverado SS or Escalade for those values. Use the IFR/injector tables as-is from the LQ9 tune, then use the spark and VE stuff as a starting point and tune from there.

I downloaded a stock tune from tunefiledepot and I am assuming its an SS tune. Its a 2003 silverado tune with an lq9 and 4l60e. The engine I am buying is from a 2005. My truck is a 99 flashed with a 2002 OS. I was going to just swap fuel rails so i can put my return style fuel lines on, and everything else will be off of my engine as far as maf etc...going to use all my sensors as well.

Just curious why I would have to change injector tables if they both use 24lb injectors? Compensating for more airflow? I thought all that was done through the VE table. Comparing my injector values to the 2003 tune, They ARE different. My IFR is 24.8019 all the way down. The 6.0 tune is 25.2360 the whole way. and pw tables are different. If i used the injectors already on the 6.0 motor, which values should i use? I appreciated your help!

loganlewis
October 18th, 2012, 12:49 AM
With swaps, the best way to look at it is that the table has to match the component - injector tables match which injectors you use, MAF table matches the MAF you use, VE and spark match the engine (heads/cam/etc) you use. Get a stock tune from the donor vehicle and your vehicles tune, and take what you need from each. Too many times I have seen people keep some parts from the original vehicle, and use some parts from the donor - so, this is the best way I find to explain it...

Your not far away from me! I live on the eastern shore.

ScarabEpic22
October 18th, 2012, 01:26 PM
As BLK02WS6 said, if the Silverado SS IFR is different than your, use that one because THATs the engine you're using.

No no no, you HAVE to run the correct IFR and pw settings, the VE table relates to IFR but is NOT a substitute for correct injector data. You'll end up putting way too much hard work into a VE table that still wont be correct if you use the wrong injector data.