PDA

View Full Version : 2012 Camaro LFX

sycraft
October 17th, 2012, 02:50 PM
What parameters are able to be tuned. I am running a supercharger on my V6 and want to know what I will be able to adjust.
. is it fully unlocked.

GMPX
October 17th, 2012, 03:14 PM
I don't know of anyone else tuning a boosted version of this engine, but the ECM is 2bar capable without modification.
Are you having issues with it?

sycraft
October 17th, 2012, 11:09 PM
I don't know of anyone else tuning a boosted version of this engine, but the ECM is 2bar capable without modification.
Are you having issues with it?

It has a tune from #@$ and they have done great so far. They have engineers in Germany doing the tune and sendning it to me via internet. Just cannot see what they are doind to the tune and what moniters they are adjusting, or turning off. Still have some off idle issues, occasional stalling and some idle flux. Also want to know what my AFR is so I do not hurt the motor. I am making 420 RWHP on the dyno on a 6 Cyl.

Boost
October 17th, 2012, 11:23 PM
Very many parameters are adjustable. Some (not me) who focus on this platform have had great success. Though I also don't know any around here that are blown. However, all the kits on the market are making it work fine with what-ever solution they use / include, so the ECM is friendly.

Black_Tiger
October 25th, 2012, 10:13 PM
what kind of supercharger kit that you have?

Redline Motorsports
October 27th, 2012, 03:04 PM
The problem with Sycrafts calibration is due to a poor understanding of how to properly calibrate the torque based strategy..ALL of his DTC's are turned off and none of the torque based tables are adjusted.

EFI needs to provide more tables for the following;

High Speed Airflow enable RPM
Desired Airflow Tables
Open Loop parameters to disable closed loop

The issue for "Germany" is that if you lift the throttle at high KPA pressures the AFR goes to 9.0 and chokes the engine. Since its a DI motor I "think" it is in the double injection pulse tables.

If Ross can do some more cracking we can get better control...

HT

GMPX
October 27th, 2012, 10:52 PM
If Ross can do some more cracking we can get better control...
Well, here's the thing, as you know it's a balancing act for us of supply vs demand. The current demand for boosted LFX 'fixes' is very low.
I can only tie this in to the Cruze being the only boosted engine I've played with using one of the new generation torque based ECM's (being E78/E39). I've found no need for any of the tables you say are needed to fix this LFX, and I am way over the factory boost levels on this little Cruze engine.

Maybe what you could try is copy over all the torque model tables from something like a Buick Regal turbo (still E39), this will definitely change it's expected map / airflow figures closer to what the LFX will now be doing with the supercharger on it.

Boost
October 27th, 2012, 10:57 PM
While that is very true and understandable, if the E39 runs the ATS & Verano T, then I am VERY interested in it / those tables. Is the Malibu turbo E39 as well? That thing could use some tweaking.

I must say that whatever we already have been provided for these new controllers by EFILive is phenomenal. So many times I read through other forums where people are begging for stuff we already have!

Rhino79
November 6th, 2012, 12:10 AM
Watch out for the torque control normal table, too much changing here and PE won't activate or it will kick in an out of PE. I am workin on a turbo setup but found this tuning on a stock car.

GMPX
November 6th, 2012, 08:27 AM
While that is very true and understandable, if the E39 runs the ATS & Verano T, then I am VERY interested in it / those tables. Is the Malibu turbo E39 as well? That thing could use some tweaking.
I didn't even know the Malibu came in a 2.0L Turbo (must be new for 2013?), so I got all excited because Holden are launching the Malibu here soon........but no Turbo model :wtf1:

I must say that whatever we already have been provided for these new controllers by EFILive is phenomenal.
It doesn't always feel that way for me, but thanks for the kind words. I am a bit behind on 2013 models, there's been 5 new E39 OS's come out in the last month or so with it now spilt over a number of platforms, yikes!

Rhino79, nice tuning tip there, would never have thought of that.

Boost
November 6th, 2012, 03:38 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xp_LsA-aWU0

Ross, I mean it. Just the fact that we have great Cruze, Sonic and Verano N/A tuning is worth a lot to me... and I trust that you will update the E39 for the vehicle in the above link! :)

I am such a kiss ass but buying EFILive was one of the few smart moves I have ever made in my life

GMPX
November 6th, 2012, 04:01 PM
Well, maybe we got lucky in one sense down here, we only have the choice of a NA 2.4L (no thanks) or a 2.0L Diesel (probably some horrid Bosch ECM). No pricing, but I don't care, with no Turbo option I'll pass. Given what we've seen with the Cruze I would think the Turbo Malibu is going to be a really nice thing to get hold of for tuning.

We have some 2013 E39's on the way, they are different to the current ones unfortunately.

Boost
November 6th, 2012, 11:22 PM
I agree about the (mali) Bu. I also hear hints from overseas that the diesel Cruze is 'fast'. 166 PS and 380 NM (280+ tq). I am sure you will get the new E39s sorted eventually, and the ones I'm looking for are among them. I wish I could do more to help - I am currently begging local Buick dealers to "let me check if my laptop can communicate with them before I buy".... :laugh:

GMPX
November 7th, 2012, 08:37 AM
I also hear hints from overseas that the diesel Cruze is 'fast'. 166 PS and 380 NM (280+ tq).
I haven't driven a Diesel, but the 1.4L is better on fuel. I have heard the Diesel doesn't like city driving too much and requires a highway run more often than you might like to do a regen. Unless you like driving around with the DPF light on.

I am currently begging local Buick dealers to "let me check if my laptop can communicate with them before I buy".... :laugh:
The 2013 E39's won't even read! But I'm sure we'll get that sorted out pretty quick once I get my hands on one.