PDA

View Full Version : 2008 allison tiptronic setup

sideshow
October 19th, 2012, 10:25 AM
hi all
i heard the efi live is the best software for tuning the allison ecus so ive come hear to ask some questions

a customer has fitted a 2008 gmc sierra duramax 6.6 with allison 6 spd auto to his patrol
i have sorted all the electricals out to get it running but have afew minor things i need answered

1) pretty sure efi live can remove vats so this is ok

2) the brake signal to the pcm and tcm im pretty sure is thru the canbus and from the body control

3) i think the tip tronic tap up and tap down is thru the canbus too as theres no wires on the tcm left
and i have not hooked up anything for tip tronic so i pressume thats thru bcm aswell like a ve commodore

now we dont have the body control module its just a crate motor with engine/transmission loom
we have pcm and tcm and i can read both using tech2

has anyone got a std transmission tune for this i can open up with efi live software to see what i can adjust
as i dont have a dongle but my friend does and he is 1000 kms away

or does anyone know if the tcm can be reprogrammed to change the tip tronic input from canbus to hard wired
like it is on the corvettes thru the buttons on the steering wheel
i have added a wire in the tcm plug for this as one wiring diagram i got has this wire fitted but not my loom

also the brake input to the ecu or tcm
is there anyway i can make this hard wired too as i have added a wire for this too as the diagram i have has this in there but its not on my loom from factory

in the end if i cant get tip tronic to work it wont stop the car from driving ok
but im worried if the brake signal aint there well it might cause the torque converter to not unlock at correct times

thanks

Boost
October 19th, 2012, 10:34 AM
What is your e-mail? I will send you a stock file. And by std. transmission you mean a stock factory Allison calibration right?
(not a manual trans. ECM tune)

sideshow
October 19th, 2012, 11:04 AM
sideshow13@internode.on.net

thanks for your quick service

sideshow
October 19th, 2012, 11:05 AM
i have the engine tune but i need the trans tune to see what i can change in the tip tornic settings

thanks

sideshow
October 19th, 2012, 02:14 PM
its got me stumped
ive gone thru the diagrams for a 2008 gmc 3500 with a duramax and allsion 6 spd auto
which is what this setup is out off
the part numebr for engine harness is 25877318
this part matches the car
so all seems to be of same car

but my loom does not have the tap up tap down wire in the auto
and doesnt have the tcc brake signal to the engine ecu

so im not sure y the factory diagrams have these wires in the diagram

i got more researching to do

thanks