PDA

View Full Version : 2004.5 LLY can I use 2006 LLY tunes?

Badass_chris
October 20th, 2012, 03:39 PM
I have a buddy that has a handful of tunes from his old 2006 lly twin turbo. I wanted to know if I could use those tunes on my 2004.5 lly with twin turbos. We used the same MPI kit, but I upgraded to the 480S vs the 475.

Will I have ecm issues, or will the tunes work?

Thanks
Chris

THEFERMANATOR
October 21st, 2012, 07:19 AM
06LLY is a LBZ for all intesive purposes, so no they will not work.

Badass_chris
October 21st, 2012, 08:23 AM
06LLY is a LBZ for all intesive purposes, so no they will not work.

Can I copy the tune file set ups? Basically look sat the configuration and adjust the LLY accordingly?

THEFERMANATOR
October 21st, 2012, 03:54 PM
COMPLETELY different tuning strategies as they work completely different from each other. 04-05 LLY is a DELPHI ECM whereas the 06 LLY/LBZ is a BOSCH ECM. The DELPHI does everything in fuel calculations where the 06 LLY works entirely on a torque based calculation.

Badass_chris
October 22nd, 2012, 03:16 AM
COMPLETELY different tuning strategies as they work completely different from each other. 04-05 LLY is a DELPHI ECM whereas the 06 LLY/LBZ is a BOSCH ECM. The DELPHI does everything in fuel calculations where the 06 LLY works entirely on a torque based calculation.

I appreciate your help on this. Yesterday afternoon, I saw exactly what you described. I am loading the speed, tire size, and gear ration changes.

I am also throwing a mas air flow sensor code. - do you if I can copy these parameters to get the code to stop coming back. What is also crazy, I am setting off 1 MAF, and 3 EGR codes -but no check engine light? I would have thought a check engine light would have set.

Here is my thought:
1. - calibrate
2. get codes to stop being thrown
3. get the final tunes