PDA

View Full Version : TRUCK TUNED WITH EFILive STRUCK BY LIGHTNING NEW ECM INSTALLED

cumminsDK
October 22nd, 2012, 09:13 AM
I have a customer with an 08 that was struck by lightning. The truck was tuned, but the dealership had to install a new ECM. It does have the new bootloader revision but i have found a way around that to be able to tune it. Is it possible to get the vin license replaced as the new ecm will have to be licensed as well

cindy@efilive
October 22nd, 2012, 09:24 AM
If you email the dealer invoice for the replacement ECM, along with your FlashScan V2 details, and this thread to support at efilive dot com we will arrange a replacement license.

What is your workaround to tune the vehicle?

Cheers
Cindy

cumminsDK
October 22nd, 2012, 10:26 AM
Thank you i will get the information sent over asap!

pm sent

dansdieselp
October 23rd, 2012, 01:45 AM
Struck by lightning. What are the odds. Lol

joecar
October 23rd, 2012, 04:13 AM
Struck by lightning. What are the odds. LolThe odds are actually much better than winning the big jackpot in Lotto. :)

cumminsDK
October 23rd, 2012, 10:39 AM
Struck by lightning. What are the odds. Lol

Thats what i said, struck the antenna, dealer replaced TIPM WIN ECM PCM KEY AND KEY FOB, and some antenna parts. Bill was over $7000. It's a white truck so it has a new name! lol.

By the way Dan i will be calling you soon. Chris @ E.D. contacted you about some problems i have been having with LBZ's and non VGT turbos.

dansdieselp
October 23rd, 2012, 03:16 PM
Thats what i said, struck the antenna, dealer replaced TIPM WIN ECM PCM KEY AND KEY FOB, and some antenna parts. Bill was over $7000. It's a white truck so it has a new name! lol.

By the way Dan i will be calling you soon. Chris @ E.D. contacted you about some problems i have been having with LBZ's and non VGT turbos.

Ah yes I remember texting him about your issues. Sounds good.