PDA

View Full Version : I will pay you $100 to clean up my tune

Boost
October 22nd, 2012, 03:09 PM
I am running out of time to get my boss and friend's truck running right before we have to pull a big trailer with a racecar in it 1000 miles to a big event. I had it running perfect on a single tune, and now with the DSP5 it sucks. Please PM me.

Amateur tuners need not apply LOL I already have one of those.

It's actually this simple:

-Truck is a low mileage '09 LMM with the later OS (has extra transient table)
-Has a DPF delete and AFE intake, otherwise stock
-DSP5 switch is working perfect and truck has no mechanical / electrical issues

-I wrote a basic power tune for it and it ran awesome
-Installed the switch and the same DSP5 tune I use on my stepdad's '09 LMM that works great on his
-turbo brake doesn't work PROBABLY because earlier '09 OS is different and has less tables
-performance tune is now weaker and unacceptable

-no matter what I try I cannot get the turbo brake to work. I know a few tricks
-I need the power back for one of the settings
-must drive and tow safe on the stock setting

I do not need anyone's locked tunes or industry secrets, if anyone is willing and able to incorporate the power tune I already have and the turbo brake I already have into this P.I.B. os that is kicking my butt unlike a half dozen other LBZ / LMM dsp5s that I managed to make work by myself - take the money I think it's worth it. PayPal ready and I will send you all my good tunes I have.

Hoping for one of the 'pros' to consider this a worthy offer, I appreciate but kindly turn down all the offers of high egt trans raping miracle tunes that my younger friend buys every month from a different new tuner that promises the world. lol

minytrker
October 22nd, 2012, 03:46 PM
Why not go back to the single tune?

Boost
October 22nd, 2012, 04:02 PM
Because he likes to go fast when he unhooks the trailer. He was really impressed with the single tune and I was so proud, I felt like a tuner for a minute. But the main purpose of the truck is to be a reliable tow machine for the shop's racecar, and a daily driver.

Boost
October 22nd, 2012, 04:07 PM
I actually tried to write a main folder that would support the best performance on the race setting, but it caused the stock and tow folders to shift funny which is unacceptable with a huge load. And the reverse of that obviously caused a weak performance setting. I could go back to an LBZ dsp5 I wrote 2 years ago that took me around 100 hours to get right but not sure how well I can remember what finally made it work and it will take too long to transfer the ideas correctly. I suck :(

blklmm
October 23rd, 2012, 03:01 PM
8594 o.s.? Post the tune up!

Boost
October 23rd, 2012, 04:40 PM
8594 o.s.? Post the tune up!

Attached is the single tune that was running very well, everyone was happy with it and it beat a handful of sports cars. However, personally I think it's far from perfect, a few times it flared / dropped into neutral in 3rd / 4th and almost lost a race to a turbo BMW due to it. But if I can just get that exact performance back into one of the settings and still have a safe setting for heavy towing it would be huge progress.

More importantly attached is one of the DSP5 in progress files, NOT the latest one. I will post the latest one tomorrow morning from my other laptop. This is an older one but you can also see that I started building the exhaust brake into it and it never works. I have like 20 versions of this tune now, none of them work good.

I will post the latest and 'greatest' non-working tune that's in it right now, tomorrow. Thanks for looking!!!!!!!!!

blklmm
October 26th, 2012, 12:33 PM
14090Gave it a look, short of running it to see what its doing I cant see any reason why it wont work in the dsp5 format. Looks like it could use some work in a few areas but I dont see anything physically wrong with it. Did you simply copy the single tune tables into the dsp#1 slot? Ive done this "conversion" and my big tune runs very well in the #4 slot. Maybe try it and see what you think?? Give it a look.

Boost
October 26th, 2012, 10:56 PM
I really appreciate you taking a look blklmm!! I will run it today to see and report back. I know it needs work in a lot of areas but also do not understand why the major malfunctions. Yes, I also 'copy-and-paste convert' my DSP5 tunes and it should work in theory and most of the time in the real world. In this case, it's my boss' important truck and I am stumped that I failed so miserably. This isn't my first dance with Duramax...

Thanks again, I will let you know!!!

:cheers:

killerbee
October 28th, 2012, 03:49 AM
By any chance, did you try to assess the tuning with datalogging, to see what is happening?

Boost
October 28th, 2012, 11:41 AM
I have not Michael. That is a great idea, normally I like to data log as much as I can, in this case I neglected to do so because of limited access to the truck and having on my mind that it is such a simple thing and should work (referring to the turbo brake). Still a rookie move :redface:

I am very thankful for Ferm and blklmm for helping out, which parameters would you log KB if you were just going on a quick spin after work?

killerbee
October 29th, 2012, 03:10 AM
The usual suspects. Air, Fuel and Timing. EGR is always troublesome for LMM.

Boost
October 29th, 2012, 03:34 AM
Thank you Michael!!! You guys are great!! I see the EGR as a coming up repeatedly in all my discussions about this. I have ALWAYS blocked my trucks, but didn't think much of it as he has one on order. Shows what I know...

Thanks!!!

THEFERMANATOR
October 29th, 2012, 03:42 AM
DEFINATELY check the EGR. I just put my LMM tune on an LMM without a blocker plate, and it was doing some funky things when it would pop the EGR open.

Boost
October 29th, 2012, 05:10 AM
Thanks Ferminator! Plate has been ordered with fast shipping. I am finding them online for less than $10... lol I remember paying $3x back in '06 for my LBZ. :)