PDA

View Full Version : 2014 Corvette LT1 DI Motor Injectors....oh boy...

Redline Motorsports
October 24th, 2012, 06:54 AM
Well the bowl is finally spilling over on the next generation smallblock dubbed the LT1. This should be an interesting race to get into this marvel of technology. I know we have many debates over injectors and can tell you that the DI motors will raise that debate to a whole new level....look at these babies....

Want to talk about drilled injectors with these??

I have reason to believe the new controller is a E92 but trying to confirm. Redline has been all over the new generation motor for a while and is already preparing ourselves to be on the cutting edge. We've been here before with being restricted in control thanks to guys like Ross and Paul we make it happen.

Say good by the LS cause its gonna be a whole new game again!

Howard

joecar
October 24th, 2012, 07:09 AM
Howard, yes it's going to be a new learning curve

:chair:

GMPX
October 24th, 2012, 07:17 AM
Couldn't they come up with something other than LT1? That'll confuse everyone in the after market, someone needs to be fired. How about LDI ?

Redline Motorsports
October 24th, 2012, 07:22 AM
Couldn't they come up with something other than LT1? That'll confuse everyone in the after market, someone needs to be fired. How about LDI ?

Day late and a dollar short......all the time.....

ScarabEpic22
October 24th, 2012, 07:40 AM
Saw this earlier, Im excited to have it come out. I highly doubt the LSx engines are going anywhere anytime soon, GM used them in practically everything. Lets just hope GM was smart and used Delphi as their ECM of choice and not Bosch, if its Bosch then the aftermarket could be screwed.

DI, VVT, AFM, this sounds more like an I4 than a pushrod V8 going in a Vette! But, 26mpg on the highway with 450+ hp/tq, Id take it (and swap one into my TBSS, not gonna happen though with the different ECM).

Redline Motorsports
October 24th, 2012, 10:08 AM
Saw this earlier, Im excited to have it come out. I highly doubt the LSx engines are going anywhere anytime soon, GM used them in practically everything. Lets just hope GM was smart and used Delphi as their ECM of choice and not Bosch, if its Bosch then the aftermarket could be screwed.

DI, VVT, AFM, this sounds more like an I4 than a pushrod V8 going in a Vette! But, 26mpg on the highway with 450+ hp/tq, Id take it (and swap one into my TBSS, not gonna happen though with the different ECM).

Only quoting what GM stated..

"Officials just announced no further research on LS series engines.
“This is the future of the small-block V8,” officials stressed."

ScarabEpic22
October 24th, 2012, 10:23 AM
I figured GM would discontinue the LSx engines, but they'll still be hugely popular in the aftermarket/hod rod world for many years to come. Thats what I meant, should have clarified myself in my last post.

64camino
October 24th, 2012, 11:15 AM
"All-new “E92” engine controller"
"We hope it is very difficult to crack the computer code."

GMPX
October 24th, 2012, 12:33 PM
You know, I believe that GM knows after market tuning is imperative for sales of these cars. Look at the misery the Europeans go through to tune their cars, some can't be tuned because of the level of security in them.
If GM USA wanted to stop people fiddling, it could be done right away and there's nothing we could do in this day and age. They have plenty of computing power in the ECM's to stick in some uncrackable security. But then how would their reputation be when all you see at the strip is 13 second Camaro's?

As for the E92 ECM, I'm not sure why I am already getting PM's about it, I don't even know what it looks like, let alone what is inside it. 'can we tune it'? I don't know, ask me in 2014.

tokymon
October 25th, 2012, 03:37 AM
lol start telling them to send you there ecm so you can crack it:crash:
that will get them going:thumb_yello:

Redline Motorsports
October 25th, 2012, 02:18 PM
This is the E92 Controller....

GMPX
October 25th, 2012, 02:46 PM
This is the E92 Controller....
Which looks exactly like an E39 in a shiny case. I always assumed the DI V8's would be using the E39 too when they came out.
I wonder how much badge engineering is going on here (given the E39 is a Siemens ECM, or was it Continental).
Anyway Howard, send me the FedEx tracking number when it's on it's way :mrgreen:

Redline Motorsports
October 25th, 2012, 03:16 PM
Do feel we can rule out a Bosch controller?

GMPX
October 25th, 2012, 04:22 PM
Ah, actually I never considered that Howard. I mean the LML ECM 'looks' nothing like any other EDC17 ECM out there, in fact it looks like something that would come out of Kokomo, but it's the most evil ECM on the planet.

mr.prick
October 25th, 2012, 11:12 PM

Or IOU. :hihi:

DURAtotheMAX
December 17th, 2012, 09:15 AM
In looking at a basic underhood shot (not a clear view of the ECM, you can only just barely see it), it looks like the 2014+ pickup trucks will be running the same ECM.

http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?21167-Any-body-knows-what-ECM-will-2014-GM-trucks-have&p=182648&viewfull=1#post182648

GMC-2002-Dmax
December 17th, 2012, 10:42 AM
Ah, actually I never considered that Howard. I mean the LML ECM 'looks' nothing like any other EDC17 ECM out there, in fact it looks like something that would come out of Kokomo, but it's the most evil ECM on the planet.

The most evil ECM on the planet...........that made me laugh !!!!

Redline Motorsports
December 22nd, 2012, 06:41 AM
Is the E92 support out yet? LMAO!!!!!!!!!!:ermm:

Rhino79
December 22nd, 2012, 10:26 AM
Isn't this supposed uncrackable........lol.

gmh308
December 28th, 2012, 03:05 PM
Anyone know what processor this E92 ECM has hiding inside ? :)

GMPX
December 29th, 2012, 12:18 PM
No offence Ian, but I am surprised people are even asking for technical details on something that doesn't exist (to the public) yet. Wait until mid / late 2013 when the 2014 models hit the streets. Like I'd said in an earlier post, I am amazed people are sending me PM's asking will it be supported, well, I checked my tarot cards and there's nothing in them that would indicate what it is. I think the thing to keep in mind is until we get our hands on one I will stick with the theory that most of what you read will be BS. Like this 'uncrackable' speculation, as Howard had said, we hope that GM realises that if they do make this ECM untunable then sales of GM V8 vehicles will fall.
Take for example the LML ECM (Bosch EDC17), sure we can't read them, but they can be flashed via the OBD-II port still, whereas many European cars with the EDC17 cannot, they must be pulled apart and flashed via the debug ports (though I hear that can't be done on the newer ones either). GM could have asked Bosch for that option surely?

Redline Motorsports
December 29th, 2012, 05:16 PM
No offence Ian, but I am surprised people are even asking for technical details on something that doesn't exist (to the public) yet. Wait until mid / late 2013 when the 2014 models hit the streets. Like I'd said in an earlier post, I am amazed people are sending me PM's asking will it be supported, well, I checked my tarot cards and there's nothing in them that would indicate what it is. I think the thing to keep in mind is until we get our hands on one I will stick with the theory that most of what you read will be BS. Like this 'uncrackable' speculation, as Howard had said, we hope that GM realises that if they do make this ECM untunable then sales of GM V8 vehicles will fall.
Take for example the LML ECM (Bosch EDC17), sure we can't read them, but they can be flashed via the OBD-II port still, whereas many European cars with the EDC17 cannot, they must be pulled apart and flashed via the debug ports (though I hear that can't be done on the newer ones either). GM could have asked Bosch for that option surely?

Ross,

i agree... It's way to early... Most people that are asking probably don't understand that the Series 11 Torque based logic is a bigger battle then they can imagine.. Even if you got us in the front door there is still quite a bit of processing needed to get these cars to not trip REP mode as well as how we handle the fuel system.

HT

GMPX
December 31st, 2012, 12:19 PM
Howard, the E78 is using this software level too, so far there is no issues on the Cruze with winding the boost up, however, it's factory boosted to begin with. The challenge is going to be taking a N/A engine running one of these E92 (or E78) controllers and seeing what happens when it's force fed, that is when the torque monitoring will probably bring the pain.

gmh308
December 31st, 2012, 12:49 PM

No offence taken. Maybe it was a naive question. Thought someone may know. I would wager that maybe E92 is based on Delphi MT9X line with something like an MPC5676 CPU.

For a laugh, if not already, take a look at this LS1Tech thread. A few of the posts are a blast. One dude is claiming to be a GM engineer. One poster thinks he is a robot.:) ROFL. Seems to line up with your BS theory Ross. :)

http://ls1tech.com/forums/generation-v-internal-engine/1595424-new-lt1-2014-6-2l-alum-block.html

If the Bosch EDC17 can be flashed in the US but not Europe, that would be due to US laws preventing OEM's from monopolising maintenance and servicing so everyone can still repair their cars and that auto shops can stay in business doing repairs and updating ECU's.

joecar
December 31st, 2012, 06:37 PM
Lol, that thread is entertaining.

GMPX
December 31st, 2012, 10:42 PM
I would wager that maybe E92 is based on Delphi MT9X line with something like an MPC5676 CPU.
It's hard to know, we have a Delphi MT34 (http://autotekcarparts.com/?Page=PopupPart&PartID=67491) ECM here, I don't even recall which GM car it came off, but it is nothing like any other GM/Delphi ECM, it uses an Infineon Tri-Core CPU for starters, so I'm not sure how close the GM / Delphi ECM's are to those on the Delphi website.

For a laugh, if not already, take a look at this LS1Tech thread.
I'd rather watch an episode of Fawlty Towers for a laugh :)

If the Bosch EDC17 can be flashed in the US but not Europe, that would be due to US laws preventing OEM's from monopolising maintenance and servicing so everyone can still repair their cars and that auto shops can stay in business doing repairs and updating ECU's.
I'd say that is exactly the reason, it's also possibly why there is very few (if any) Diesel cars for sale in the USA by BMW, Mercedes, Audi etc (well, that used to be the case).
Wouldn't it be nice if our stupid government legislated something like the US has so the OEM dealers aren't the only ones that can flash updates.

cindy@efilive
May 29th, 2013, 11:38 PM
Power ratings were announced today http://blog.caranddriver.com/four-hundred-and-how-many-horsepower-chevrolet-finally-announces-2014-c7-corvette-stingrays-power-figures/

Cheers
Cindy

joecar
May 30th, 2013, 03:46 AM
455hp/460ftlb is respectable for a factory stock car that comes with a warranty :cheers:

ScarabEpic22
May 30th, 2013, 04:23 AM
455hp/460ftlb is respectable for a factory stock car that comes with a warranty :cheers:

No kidding, TQ output is close to the LS7! This could get interesting, 13 Z06 vs 14 C7 base should be a pretty close race.

Redline Motorsports
May 30th, 2013, 01:20 PM
No kidding, TQ output is close to the LS7! This could get interesting, 13 Z06 vs 14 C7 base should be a pretty close race.

Its a great starting point..wait until we get our hands on ours......:w00t::w00t:

ScarabEpic22
May 30th, 2013, 05:53 PM
Its a great starting point..wait until we get our hands on ours......:w00t::w00t:

I want to see a dyno vid.

Side now, saw a brand new 13 ZL1 at the Chevy dealership as I was test driving *something*. Lets just saw the orange and carbon fiber heat extractor on the hood look friggin amazing.

joecar
May 30th, 2013, 08:19 PM
Its a great starting point..wait until we get our hands on ours......:w00t::w00t:Lol. who needs a warranty when you have tools... :cheers:

[ seriously, lol ]

Redline Motorsports
June 14th, 2013, 02:08 PM
Lol. who needs a warranty when you have tools... :cheers:

[ seriously, lol ]

Lol! Getting close... Car has been released to plant for production.....

Redline Motorsports
September 5th, 2013, 08:21 PM
Lol! Getting close... Car has been released to plant for production.....

Car got built on 8/27..... How is E92 support at this time?

picnic_george
September 6th, 2013, 02:46 AM
Good luck, hope you have good results.. I think injectors will be the biggest hurdle at the moment.

joecar
September 6th, 2013, 01:50 PM
Car got built on 8/27..... How is E92 support at this time?Howard, did you go see it being built...?

mowton
October 4th, 2013, 12:26 PM
Car got built on 8/27..... How is E92 support at this time?

Just got our first....baselined and going for upgrades. However Support informed me today that support of the E92 won't happen until 2014........:shock:

Ed M

GMPX
October 7th, 2013, 02:18 PM
Due to customer requests to 'give us anything' we are going to release our work in progress .calz files for the E92 this week. It's about 300 or so parameters / tables, not what we planned on initially releasing, but for basic bolt on mods they will probably get the job done. From that point on we would be looking at 2014 before a major content update release is done for the E92.
The update this week will cover all known E92 OS's you will find in vehicles on the dealers lots at the moment, Trucks, C7, XTS-V etc, essentially these are all the OS's that have been read and Emailed in to us.

mowton
October 10th, 2013, 12:25 AM
Due to customer requests to 'give us anything' we are going to release our work in progress .calz files for the E92 this week. It's about 300 or so parameters / tables, not what we planned on initially releasing, but for basic bolt on mods they will probably get the job done. From that point on we would be looking at 2014 before a major content update release is done for the E92.
The update this week will cover all known E92 OS's you will find in vehicles on the dealers lots at the moment, Trucks, C7, XTS-V etc, essentially these are all the OS's that have been read and Emailed in to us.

Thank you Ross and EFILive, looking forward to the update. On a couple of days of R&R but we are looking forward to playing with the C7 next week.

Ed M

ringram
October 11th, 2013, 09:58 AM
Yay, good plan.
Now how about someone posting up some tune files too :)

GMPX
October 12th, 2013, 10:29 AM
I'm sure people will Richard, I don't like to repost files people send in to us for support, even with VIN's sanitised.
I have an L96 sitting here waiting to go in to my 64 Cadillac, maybe a 6.2L L86 might be a nicer (and cooler) option.

ringram
October 13th, 2013, 08:39 PM
Yeah Im sure some will appear on tunefile depot at some point.

Some interesting info here for anyone interested in direct injection in general http://cdn.intechopen.com/pdfs/11336/InTech-Gasoline_direct_injection.pdf

Especially around AFR ratio's 100:1 anyone.. Lots to experiment with!

mowton
October 13th, 2013, 11:17 PM

What is the current estimate for this initial release? I had emailed a file we pulled from the C7.

Thanks

Ed M

cindy@efilive
October 14th, 2013, 08:44 AM
What is the current estimate for this initial release? I had emailed a file we pulled from the C7.

Thanks

Ed M

The release is in testing now, so maybe today if everything goes well, if not 24-48 hours.

Cheers
Cindy

mowton
October 14th, 2013, 09:57 AM
The release is in testing now, so maybe today if everything goes well, if not 24-48 hours.

Cheers
Cindy

Thank you Cindy :good:

Ed M

Highlander
October 22nd, 2013, 03:50 AM
Injectors are stated to be 1300cc??????? is this because of fuel pressure differences? This is a completely new learning curve.

hog
October 23rd, 2013, 03:08 AM
The injectors have to be large because in a DI system, the injectors are fired for very brief periods, not for long periods like PFI. The intake valve can be open, but the injector doesnt necessarily fire the during the entire valve event.

If you were to compare a DI injector to a popular PFI injector, it would about 125 lb/hr from what Ive read. High flow rates, high pressure, short bursts of injector activity.

peace
Hog

DURAtotheMAX
October 23rd, 2013, 03:32 AM
Anyone have a 2014 truck or vette file that they could post here? Im just curious to take a look at it...

thanks
Ben

JOHNBOY
October 24th, 2013, 10:19 AM
I just downloaded a one. It came up unrecogized PCM. I will email it to Cindy soon. Then post on Tunefiledepot.

cindy@efilive
October 24th, 2013, 11:05 AM
I just downloaded a one. It came up unrecogized PCM. I will email it to Cindy soon. Then post on Tunefiledepot.

Thanks Johnboy. We mapped all known OS's. Can you please double check that you are running the October 16 release.

Cheers
Cindy

JOHNBOY
October 24th, 2013, 11:43 AM
I will do that.

cindy@efilive
October 25th, 2013, 03:12 PM

Hi John,

The file you submitted is the transmission file.

Can you please connect with V8 software and use the auto select feature to read your engine controller.

The read file for your transmission looks a little odd, can you please re-read that in V8 too.

I tried sending you an email but I'm having a few server issues.....

Cheers
Cindy

JOHNBOY
October 25th, 2013, 04:05 PM
Hi John,

The file you submitted is the transmission file.

Can you please connect with V8 software and use the auto select feature to read your engine controller.

The read file for your transmission looks a little odd, can you please re-read that in V8 too.

I tried sending you an email but I'm having a few server issues.....

Cheers
Cindy
Thanks Cindy . I thought it looked weird. Right know I can not redownload. Something got corrupted in my laptop during the during the new update. Probably caused the weird download. Even worse now I can not do much as soon as plug in my V2 USB cable my computer goes to the blue screen of death. I have been cleaning house and updating my beloved old laptop trying to get it to work. So far no luck.

quik95lt1
May 29th, 2014, 12:52 AM
thread as been quiet for a while but I just tried to upload from my new 2014 sierra and it came up unsupported, ill be emailing it in tonight!! patiently waiting for a new update, ive been waiting for better C7 vette support :D

tblu92
May 31st, 2014, 03:54 PM
Just received the new update on my 2nd release of the C7-----Where GM has already changed the OS from their original release ----Still there are many things missing like fan controls--AFM delete--- However--I have tuned approx. 10-- 2014 Silverado's and 4 new C7's and each have had excellent results----
Tuning these NEW SIDI engines is a whole new ball game---So I took lessons from the best--Jesse at Wait4me--- What a relief !!!
We now with a stockish engine don't really have to mess with timing and fuel anymore--The ECM does all the adjustments for you--All you really need to do is "ask" for more TQ or HP and the ECM will try to achieve it !!!---I have tuned a C7 without touching any fuel r timing tables and it was so aggressive the owner could not safely drive it----I actually had to de-tune it for them--Amazing !!--It is a fine line between being too aggressive and daily driver quality--takes many trial and error runs to suit every owner-Same thing goes for the Silverado's---Only not quite so sensitive---
PS: On my C7 on the street with stock tires no burnout---I easily ran consistent 4.6's 0-60 times----With a mild aggressive tune I easily ran 4.1 0-6 times---- NO mods--stock NON Z51 !!!!---that's a whole 1/2 second quicker !!! and I did not touch the timing or fuel---

wesam
June 1st, 2014, 10:41 PM
Just received the new update on my 2nd release of the C7-----Where GM has already changed the OS from their original release ----Still there are many things missing like fan controls--AFM delete--- However--I have tuned approx. 10-- 2014 Silverado's and 4 new C7's and each have had excellent results----
Tuning these NEW SIDI engines is a whole new ball game---So I took lessons from the best--Jesse at Wait4me--- What a relief !!!
We now with a stockish engine don't really have to mess with timing and fuel anymore--The ECM does all the adjustments for you--All you really need to do is "ask" for more TQ or HP and the ECM will try to achieve it !!!---I have tuned a C7 without touching any fuel r timing tables and it was so aggressive the owner could not safely drive it----I actually had to de-tune it for them--Amazing !!--It is a fine line between being too aggressive and daily driver quality--takes many trial and error runs to suit every owner-Same thing goes for the Silverado's---Only not quite so sensitive---
PS: On my C7 on the street with stock tires no burnout---I easily ran consistent 4.6's 0-60 times----With a mild aggressive tune I easily ran 4.1 0-6 times---- NO mods--stock NON Z51 !!!!---that's a whole 1/2 second quicker !!! and I did not touch the timing or fuel---

would you mind to share us what tables you modify to increase torque ?

tblu92
June 6th, 2014, 03:30 AM
Yes Only one the "TQ Response table "