PDA

View Full Version : Auto trans and Dyno

FreshDA9
October 24th, 2012, 08:02 AM
I know I have asked a lot of questions lately as I been figuring out GM and EFI Live. I come from the Japanese and European import world and slowly been picking up this GM tuning. Most of the cars I have done have all been manual trans. I have a question about doing a full pull (wot) on our dyno with a auto car. Another shop i worked for used HP Tuners and would get the car to 3rd gear then lock it in 3rd.

I just want to be sure of this.
1. run through the gears until in third gear.
2. DVT (F12) and select Auto Transmission.
3. Activate transmission gear control - Hold 3rd gear
4. Do WOT pull.
5. Rinse & Repeat!

LMMPerrona
March 9th, 2016, 02:55 PM
I know I have asked a lot of questions lately as I been figuring out GM and EFI Live. I come from the Japanese and European import world and slowly been picking up this GM tuning. Most of the cars I have done have all been manual trans. I have a question about doing a full pull (wot) on our dyno with a auto car. Another shop i worked for used HP Tuners and would get the car to 3rd gear then lock it in 3rd.

I just want to be sure of this.
1. run through the gears until in third gear.
2. DVT (F12) and select Auto Transmission.
3. Activate transmission gear control - Hold 3rd gear
4. Do WOT pull.
5. Rinse & Repeat!

I know its an old post but I am now able to use a dyno and trying to get some info.

Did this procedure work for you?

How are you guys doing it for LML?, is it the same?

Road
March 9th, 2016, 11:14 PM
Good question I would like to hear what others are doing too. I do 4th gear pulls in tow haul and start the run little over 2000 rpm or what ever it takes to keep from down shifting. What really sucks is a Cummins auto...