PDA

View Full Version : stationery idle problem

The Alchemist
October 25th, 2012, 08:29 PM
Whats the setting you need to change to stop it learning the idle back down to 800rpm (target) when you open the throttle at light openings say 3 to 10% while in neutral and stationery.
The IAC steps learns down to 0 as you open the throttle allowing the engine to stall when you take your foot off the throttle. If you are rolling at any speed this doesn't happen and the IAC steps stay at around 40 to 50 (throttle cracker working) or so allowing perfect rolling stops at the lights with no hint of a sagging idle.....
Its a supercharged LS1 with a cam Manual transmission.
Have never struck this before but i think the supercharger is pulling the engine down more that it would on a standard engine.
If you are stationery the IAC steps learn (assuming) down to zero IAC very quickly as you open the throttle and raise the rpm above target of 800rpm. Once at zero when you release the throttle the engine just stalls as the idle controller is closed.
This is not a rafig issue as I have this at about -0.8g/s hot and idle is perfect with 18deg average timing.
If you carefully lower your TPS slowly the IAC steps ramps up again to maintain 800rpm idle with about 40 to 50 steps.
Any ideas?
thanks >Mike

The Alchemist
October 28th, 2012, 05:38 PM
anyone ?

The Alchemist
November 17th, 2012, 09:04 PM
anyone (again) please :)

swingtan
November 17th, 2012, 10:41 PM
I'd answer you, but I'm not as knowledgeable about the LS1 compared to the E38.

I have heard that with the LS1 and a blower, that you have to command significantly more base idle air than for a NA car, but I can't confirm that.

Is there a setting for maximum throttle % for idle control?

joecar
November 18th, 2012, 05:34 PM
Post some log/tune files.