PDA

View Full Version : how is LSJ tuning?

Boost
October 29th, 2012, 11:54 PM
Is tuning the LSJ with EFILive nice? Is it possible to get it running very well and precisely, all parameters / support there? Sorry I have zero experience with these controllers except some very early not so good attempts with Colorado years ago. I know there isn't much Cobalt SS talk here, but it's a very good motor and I absolutely love EFILive, would never buy a car that isn't supported. Thanks for the info!

ScarabEpic22
October 31st, 2012, 10:33 AM
Is that the TC DI motor? Those use a Bosch PCM and arent supported by EFILive, the SC ones use a P12 (until 07) and are supported.

Boost
October 31st, 2012, 01:04 PM
LSJ is the older,supported one. You are referring to the LNF. :)

slows10
October 31st, 2012, 02:24 PM
Is tuning the LSJ with EFILive nice? Is it possible to get it running very well and precisely, all parameters / support there? Sorry I have zero experience with these controllers except some very early not so good attempts with Colorado years ago. I know there isn't much Cobalt SS talk here, but it's a very good motor and I absolutely love EFILive, would never buy a car that isn't supported. Thanks for the info! Hate to be blunt here but I would not tune a four cylinder lawn mower built before 2010-11 with efi live.imho, Its a joke at best.Huge nightmare. Sorry honesty is the best policy.

ScarabEpic22
October 31st, 2012, 06:40 PM
There arent many P12 params, you'll be able to get a decent tune but unfortunately HPT has much better support for that PCM.

Boost
November 1st, 2012, 12:29 AM
slows, I beg to differ. GM's 2.0t is an absolute animal, this is well known. With off the shelf parts they are solid up to almost 1000 hp.

Obviously a V8 is much better. But I appreciate your input.

Erik, thanks, I lost my opportunity anyway and now dreaming of an E39 controlled machine. But I would still put a well built LSJ against a cammed 6 any day (unless it's on boost LOL) :shock: