PDA

View Full Version : sae_generic.txt

critter
November 4th, 2012, 05:01 AM
My wideband seems to return trash, which led me to notice that I lost my calc_pids.txt with the upgrade to V7.5. I also notice that the old contents of that file seem to have moved to sae_generic.txt. I need to figure out how to get my wideband back without stepping on sae_generic.txt, but I notice there are two of them and they are different (by 1000 or so lines) and I don't know which is being used - Program Files/EFILive/V7.5/Configuration/sae_generic.txt or My Documents/EFILive/V7.5/sae_generic.txt

Does anyone know which is the correct one?

TIA
Carl

Edit: Never mind. I just realized it is Sunday and most people have something better to do than look for questions to answer. The dates are different and the one in Program Files/.../Configuration is clearly the newer.

RevGTO
November 4th, 2012, 08:24 AM
The correct place is Program Files/EFILive/V7.5/Configuration/sae_generic.txt.

I have a thread going in the Gen III section because of the same problem. My AFR readings from my LM-1 are way off. I upgraded to build 211 yesterday, though, and my sae_generic file is in its proper place. The calc_pids.txt file should be in MyDocuments/EFILive/V7.5/UserConfiguration/calc_pids.txt, without any sae_generic file in that location.

joecar
November 4th, 2012, 12:25 PM
Carl, what pids did you need...?

critter
November 4th, 2012, 02:32 PM
Carl, what pids did you need...?

Got it sorted out now. My Tech Edge is connected to the left rear O2 harness. I read it through the PCM and have since day one. What happened here is I lost my calc_pids.txt in the transition and sae_generic.txt has the a Tech Edge definition using AD1. Which is where the LM-1 goes, but that is another story. And it seems that while GM.HO2S12 used to read in volts, it is now mv so I had AFRs like 5000:1 So now the equation is GM.HO2S12 / 1000 * 2 + 9 and it works!!! And my idle (if you can call it that) seems to be running 10.1:1 so I guess I need to mess with the VE table. I have no narrow band sensors so can't do Calc.ve or Calc.vet. I may be able to do autove, but this is not really a daily driver, and being a manual it is a bitch to drive when it won't idle. It never idled good before but now with the sheet metal intake and 105mm TB it is much worse. Fun, fun, fun. I could have bought a single plane and Holley for what I paid for this intake and TB, but what fun would that be? :(

critter
November 5th, 2012, 01:24 AM
The correct place is Program Files/EFILive/V7.5/Configuration/sae_generic.txt.

Thanks

I have a thread going in the Gen III section because of the same problem. My AFR readings from my LM-1 are way off. I upgraded to build 211 yesterday, though, and my sae_generic file is in its proper place. The calc_pids.txt file should be in MyDocuments/EFILive/V7.5/UserConfiguration/calc_pids.txt, without any sae_generic file in that location.

As best as I can tell, equation in sae_generic.txt is correct for the LM-1