PDA

View Full Version : T43 from tahoe to g8 possible

97power
November 4th, 2012, 07:55 AM
After a year with 15lbs on of boost and e85 trans let go. I went through trans completely building it. Then right after for the longest Id been burning up 4,5,6 and hurting the other clutches on 1st drive after my build. Performed resets per previous thread and nothing. No codes in tcm or pcm. Flashed original stock file and still flary and slips. Stock tune was 3 times better, to give a perspective way before trans gave out. No tune or adjustment was made for a while before this problem occured out of the blue. Decided that tuning was not the problem and tuning was not going to fix the problem, meaning I had gone with minor changes to major changes in tune and nothing. I had a 6l80e trasmission from I believe was a tahoe. Pulled tcm and installed onto my trans with no tune yet and drove awesome. TCM seems to of been the problem, but my new problem is I have no sport or tutd mode. Ive enabled tutd mode in trans tune (D9602) and in trans diagnostics Ive used all g8 enablers and still no sport or tutd. Is there a way to do a full reflash of tcm from a g8 with efilive to the tahoe tcm or is it even possible. Any help be greatly appreciated. Hope this info helps also for anybody else that might have a freak of a problem like mine.

joecar
November 4th, 2012, 01:24 PM
See this: Improving-shifts-via-the-ECM (http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?18710-Improving-shifts-via-the-ECM)

Tre-Cool
November 4th, 2012, 08:58 PM
the issue you most likely have is a misconfig of the TCM OS & the ECU OS. You are most likely going to need to do a full flash of your original TCM OS.

I had to do a similar thing when i put a new transmission in my own commodore.

97power
November 5th, 2012, 05:52 AM
Thanks joecar. Definately not a tune issue, already have toque model adjustments on great. Its just with g8 tcm worse than stock by about 3 times and tahoe tcm works extremely great, especially with physcial mods done to trans. Its not a holding power transmission issue no more. I just dont have sport or tutd mode due to tcm being from a tahoe. Tre-Cool, is it possible to do full flash of tcm with efilive. Thanks.

Tre-Cool
November 5th, 2012, 10:48 AM
yes you can full flash. you just need to have the v2 unit plugged in before starting efilive. i had to do it on my own car after putting in a complete new transmission with a newer os.

97power
November 6th, 2012, 08:04 AM
Thanks TreCool, worked great.