PDA

View Full Version : Correction for Rear Axle Gear Change - 2011 Camaro LS3

tadams72
November 4th, 2012, 10:39 AM
Looking for some help making the proper adjustments to account for a rear gear swap. Just went from the factory 3.45 ratio to 4.10 ratio. Made the following changes but think some may not be necessary or having the desired effect. A couple issues I am seeing. First, the speedometer is still a bit off (reading 60 mph = 70 mph actual). The other issue is if I put the car in neutral and coast at highway speeds, the idle is bouncing between 1000 and 2200 rpms. Just back and forth until I either press the clutch in or put it back in gear. I found this issue as I was diagnosing some gear whine.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

EFI Live Tune V7.5.7 (Build 180)

Travis

tadams72
November 5th, 2012, 07:20 AM
Bump for some feedback. Thanks.

tadams72
November 6th, 2012, 01:45 PM
Still hoping for some help here... Bueller, Bueller...

joecar
November 6th, 2012, 02:31 PM
Have you tried changing H0122 from 3.45 to 4.10 instead of making those changes...?

tadams72
November 7th, 2012, 05:15 PM
GO figure it was that easy. I asked a tuner to take a look at it and I got something back that modified all those PIDS but the speedometer wasn't reading correctly so I made some changes to try and get it closer. I saw the gear change PID and thought I remembered someone saying it did not correct as it should so I didn't mess with it. Anyhow, I made the change and it of course worked. THanks for answering the dumb question. Sometimes seems hard to learn on the forum unless you are really versed in the use of the program.

joecar
November 7th, 2012, 07:26 PM
lol, sometimes the obvious things are not obvious :)