PDA

View Full Version : Crankshaft Variation Relearn

Charles
November 4th, 2012, 11:48 AM
Hello all,

I finally laid out the big bucks for a Flashscan V2 and am trying to solve a CASE error by performing a relearn. The vehicle is a Chevy '98 2500HD with the L29 454ci motor. It appears as though the tuning software refers to the ecm a L31. I can't find where I'm supposed to go in the software (just downloaded and installed it for the first time, everything should be current) to initiate the procedure.

joecar
November 4th, 2012, 12:30 PM
See here: crank-relearn (http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?10764-crank-relearn)

joecar
November 4th, 2012, 12:31 PM
And welcome to the forum :cheers:

Charles
November 4th, 2012, 01:54 PM
Thanks for the reply and also the welcome!

I actually did a search and read that thread before I posted in hopes of not committing a typical newbie mistake and posting a question that has already been answered. However, I goofed because I should have stated that I tried what was mentioned in the other thread, but can't find my controller listed. There is everything from V6 to V8 gas and diesel controllers but nothing with my year or engine type.

I know it has to be me because before buying the unit, I looked my vehicle up in the "supported vehicles" list. Maybe the commands are the same so I can choose another controller and it will still work???

joecar
November 5th, 2012, 03:17 AM
Ah, I see... Try by selecting the 1999-2008 LS1B.

Charles
November 6th, 2012, 06:23 PM
Great! Thanks again, I'll try it (will be a few days by the time I can get to it) and report back...