PDA

View Full Version : efilive v4 wont install ???

krawczuk
March 4th, 2006, 04:04 PM
hi, i have had efilive v4 installed on my pc before, then i had to reformat the harddrive, now when i go to install it again it says :

"c:/windows\system32\autoexec.nt. the system file is not suitable for running ms-dos and microsoft windows application. choose close to terminate program."

any clue as to whats wrong ?

thanks,
mark k

Kevvrv6
March 12th, 2009, 11:39 PM
You didn't say what system you are using, not XP from the sound of it. There is a free program available called Sandboxie, you might try using this for the install and for running the program if it works. It is designed to run dos programs in the windows fat 32 environment. It may work but its a slim chance. If not you are faced with another re-build. Use the create a boot disk option in control panel, install programs and create the disk. Once you have if your cd needs drivers loaded make a folder on A drive and copy config.sys and Autoexec.bat to it. In your case they may be autoexec and config.dos. Find the drivers and coppy them to A drive then edit the cofig and autoexec files on the disk to activate the cd when you boot from it. The quickest way to erase the hard disk is using fdisk on the boot disk you have created. Do not erase anything until you have the boot disk activating your cd drive. Once that is done use fdisk to erase the drive. Boot the machine and an error will show there is no hard drive or similar. Select A drive then back into fdisk. Follow the prompts and unless you have a larger than 34Gb hard drive you can select to use all available space or elect to partition the drive as you wish. Once completed and re-booted the disk requires formating. Format com on the boot disk will be windows so it should use the fat 32 file system you need NTFS is also used by XP so NT should also work. Once the format is done and the file system is reading as NT or FAT then you install everything again. Remember if your cd doesn't start without loading drivers you need them (the drivers) and the autoexec and config files on your C drive. Good luck Kev.