PDA

View Full Version : E-Rod 5.3 can't read

VEGASROBBI
November 6th, 2012, 03:35 PM
I have tried to pull the tune out of two E67 E-Rod 5.3's with no luck. The vin is scrambled and I get various errors, ie bootloader rejected, rpm not zero, memory fault...

Scans just fine. Any advice? Thanks

GMPX
November 6th, 2012, 03:53 PM
There is no known issues with the E-Rod ECM as far as I know. Can you try going in to the locking option in v7.5, select E67 and press status then see what it says, Locked or Unlocked.

VEGASROBBI
November 6th, 2012, 03:58 PM
Says locked. Tried to unlock, use alt keys, etc, no luck.

Thanks for the reply.

GMPX
November 6th, 2012, 04:02 PM
Has this thing ever been tuned before? Is there actually a chance that someone did lock it?

VEGASROBBI
November 6th, 2012, 04:30 PM
Has this thing ever been tuned before? Is there actually a chance that someone did lock it?

Possible. Customer says only dealer has worked on it but they may have. I'll do some checking.

Thanks

poconojoe
November 10th, 2012, 01:09 AM
Not to steal your thread but it seems to be the only current one discussing currently discussing the E Rod PCM. Is it posiable to control the AC with this PCM? If so does anybody know which pins to use?
Thanks in advance

gmh308
November 11th, 2012, 12:20 AM
Possible. Customer says only dealer has worked on it but they may have. I'll do some checking.

Thanks

Any chance the dealer flashed in an earlier year TIS load?

VEGASROBBI
November 12th, 2012, 02:18 PM
Well the customer says after he installed the e-rod package it would not start. Towed it to the local Chevy dealer who told him the ecm was bad. They couldn't replace the ecm because it is not available from GM separately so they programmed it. It still wouldn't start so then they apparently found a bad wire in the PDC.

TIS does not pull up a vin. Either way it runs ok but I would like to get a 5.3 auto e rod tune, anyone have one? Thanks

BTW I have used a three wire a/c pressure transducer on the high side hose with these ecm's to run the fan(s) based on condenser pressure. It works even without a valid a/c signal; however, I have not used the ecm to activate the compressor clutch, I think that would be done through the can bus?