PDA

View Full Version : LC-1 Installed

mcwarren
March 4th, 2006, 06:26 PM
I installed my LC-1 today following the tutorial and everything worked perfect!
WB 02 is located on the downpipe of bank 2. I have read some posts re: ground problems so I solder spliced my analog grounds for LC-1 analog out 1 & 2, display ground and Flashscan analog ground to black w/white at pin 4 of OBD II connector (PCM ground). I placed my LC-1 heater ground and calibration switch/LED ground together on a common ground. I used a Innovate analog cable #3730 with the 2.5 connector removed for the cable to connect to my Flashscan AD1 input. Programming my LC-1 went as describe in tutorial. My display reads from 14.6 to 14.9 at idle and my first log matches AFR on display.

Attached images of install and my first log just showing commanded and actual AFR

I upgraded to Comercial license today and will be switching to Custom OS and 2 bar as soon as time allows.

ace68
March 5th, 2006, 11:49 AM
Very nice, did you weld in the bung with the 02 in place? kida looks a little blue near the base of the o2 sensor.

mcwarren
March 5th, 2006, 12:00 PM
Very nice, did you weld in the bung with the 02 in place? kida looks a little blue near the base of the o2 sensor.

Thanks! No, I actually had the bung welded in and plug installed for about a week before I did the LC-1 install. I am not sure what that is about, camera flash???? or ????

mtnman
April 5th, 2006, 02:39 PM
I installed my LC-1 today following the tutorial and everything worked perfect!

You are my hero. :master: My freakin LC-1 has lost proper calibration for the second time since I bought it last september. All connections are good and I havent recalibrated, but guess I'll have to unless I sell it or get a replacement. Glad its working for somebody. :bawl:

ringram
April 5th, 2006, 08:38 PM
The LC-1 docs say to recal frequently. You can recal when its installed if you wait 8+hrs. I do mine every week or two.

mtnman
April 6th, 2006, 01:56 AM
Hmm,

I've heard from others that it shouldnt have to be re-calibrated that much. Only like twice a year.

But yes, the manual does say "free air calibration should be executed frequently". But define frequently. Once a month? 6 times a year? Guess I'll ask the the guys at innovate about it.

stevieturbo
April 15th, 2006, 12:10 PM
Where did you get the small lcd display in the picture ???

mcwarren
April 15th, 2006, 03:11 PM
Where did you get the small lcd display in the picture ???

I purchased my display at: http://www.dynotunenitrous.com/store/scripts/prodView.asp?idproduct=171

ringram
April 15th, 2006, 07:58 PM
Hmm I suspect twice a year isnt frequently. But maybe once a week is too much. Let us know what innovate says.

joecar
April 16th, 2006, 09:07 AM
I remember seeing on the Innovate forum that they suggested recalibrating every 3 months.