PDA

View Full Version : V2 won't flash right

Magnum37764
November 7th, 2012, 12:29 PM
so i got my v2 plugged into that port under the dash and i tried flashing a stock tune from udp's web site the tune wasa an 05 stuck tune just so i could get the feel for flashing. it worked and i decided to flash another tune from there web site this tune beeing a mild stock tune the title above theese mild tunes was site still under construction not knowing much about efi i decieded to try flashing that one. it did not work and now the v2 will not work with any tunes. when at first i flashed the stock udp tune my edge juice with attitude was plugged in and now every time i start the truck a check engine light comes on, i diagnosed it with the v2 as 2 egr codes my cooler is deleted and rerouted so idk what the deal is with that but the only way to get the ck engine light off is to attempt to flash the ecm with a tune before i start the truck and if i do drive with the ck engine light on it is like a reverse effect of the edge level 5 setting i get terrible gas mileage and im 10 pounds short of max boost it maxes out at 15 lbs where before this problem i was seeing 25. when i attempt to flash the truck it says the ecm does not want to erase its memory for a new one or , it is an incompattable tune with the truck.

joecar
November 7th, 2012, 03:30 PM
Can you flash the ECM's original tune (that you saved to a file) back into the ECM...?

Magnum37764
November 7th, 2012, 03:40 PM
I didn't save the stock tune before I flashed it the first time. And I tried to flash it again but it said the ECM was locked but at least trying to flash it cleared the ck engine light.

joecar
November 7th, 2012, 03:43 PM
Do you want me to move this thread to the Diesel section (it will get more traction)...?

Magnum37764
November 7th, 2012, 03:44 PM
What if I unplugged my battery for 15 mins and reset the ECM then saved the stock tune then started flashing would that work? If so I do not know how to save a tune from the ECM.

Magnum37764
November 7th, 2012, 03:45 PM
Yea how do I do that?

joecar
November 7th, 2012, 03:57 PM
I moved it.

joecar
November 7th, 2012, 03:57 PM
What year/model/vehicle do you have...?

Magnum37764
November 7th, 2012, 04:03 PM
the date on the door is august of 2004 but someone said that that was considerd to be the 05. its a door and a half short bed.

Magnum37764
November 7th, 2012, 04:04 PM
05 lly duramax

WisconsinHick1
November 8th, 2012, 05:13 AM
You have what they call an 04.5 LLY the first year of the LLY was produced half way through 04.

Now you need to remove the Edge IMMEDIATELY as it is not good to flash with another programmer installed. You need to learn how to save a tune before going any farther also because there are different OS (Operating Systems) through out the years of the Duramax's. One 04.5 LLY will have a different OS then an 05 LLY because they made updates to the ECM to improve or change things. It sounds like you have a newer OS in your truck that doesn't see something your older OS never had in it.

Were are you located this maybe a good opertunity to have someone show you the ropes per say on basics of EFIlive. This is a very power software in the wrong hands could cause some major damage!

Magnum37764
November 8th, 2012, 07:05 AM
I'm in Knoxville.

WisconsinHick1
November 9th, 2012, 08:20 AM
I'll have to see if I can find an early LLY os for you to try. Are you going to be around your truck and computer this weekend. I mayne able to lend a hand with how to pull a stock tune off of a truck and then load a good one.

Magnum37764
November 11th, 2012, 12:04 PM
I got it fixed now I have like real low egts at idle and no power with pedal to the floor it's acts like its in limp mode