PDA

View Full Version : EFI Live V4 BLM/LTFT table

JohnL
March 6th, 2006, 01:02 AM
Does EFI Live V4 for OBD1 cars (I'm interested in VS and earlier Commodores) have a table for BLM correction like Winaldl has?

If not, what does it have that replaces this sort of functionality?

John

http://winaldl.joby.se/blm.gif

GMPX
March 7th, 2006, 02:17 AM
John, it's been many years since I've run V4, but from memory it did not have a table display like that for the BLM's.

Cheers,
Ross

JohnL
March 7th, 2006, 04:23 PM
Thanks Ross. It looks like it's a matter of logging BLMs in an EFI Live macro, then reading them off the datalog. The beauty of Winaldl (excusing that it's only usable on a 160 baud system) is that you can even get a table like the BLM one above with corrections to the VEs. Makes it very easy to tune, even when you're using an emulator and have RT capabilities.

John

Chuff
June 3rd, 2006, 12:40 AM
Thanks Ross. It looks like it's a matter of logging BLMs in an EFI Live macro, then reading them off the datalog. The beauty of Winaldl (excusing that it's only usable on a 160 baud system) is that you can even get a table like the BLM one above with corrections to the VEs. Makes it very easy to tune, even when you're using an emulator and have RT capabilities.

John

Hey John,

Were you able to get any further with this?

I'm in the same predicament where I want accurate BLM data so I can quickly & easily make VE corrections as required. From looking at the macro definitions in V4, the resolution looks quite sparse based on the LTFCDL request in module ECM_2.

CATCH! :D

JohnL
June 3rd, 2006, 07:06 PM
Hey John,

Were you able to get any further with this?Sorry to report that the answer is no.

Efilive doesn't look like it was designed to suit a tuner's needs in this area. Shame, because the user interface issue is so nicely dealt with in Winaldl. The other thing that would be useful is a map of spark correction vs cell position in the timing maps (ie load vs rpm).

John

Blacky
June 4th, 2006, 08:33 AM
EFILive V4 will be integrated into the EFILive V7 Scan Tool software which has 10 user customisable maps for doing exactly what you want.

A timeline for the new V4/V7 combo product is not decided, but it will most likely be included with the EFILive Version 8 release, scheduled for 2007.

Regards
Paul

MICK
April 5th, 2007, 01:18 PM
That sounds great Paul.

Have you and Ross thought of the idea of including OBD1 tuning into Efilive?

Reason I ask, is I noticed a folder named VRB in the cal folder that is empty.

I like the idea, especially if I could interface with a Ostrich as well and pick up the RT.

I have had alot of people of late hit me up for Holden OBD1 S/C tuning and I have been staying away from it for the lacking software support.

I would support any R & D if you were headed in that direction....:)

Cheers

Mick

Blacky
April 5th, 2007, 02:04 PM
We have no "official" plans to support tuning OBDI vehicles. However, the design of EFILive V8 will allow end users to create calibration layout maps to suit almost any PCM memory. If you have the correct information, then you could generate your own *.cal files to edit the OBDI vehicles of your choice.
As for reprogramming them, you'd need an EEPROM progbrammer as most OBDI vehicles cannot be flashed via the OBDI port.

FlashScan does support the ALDL OBDI protocol and will eventually allow scanning and logging of OBDI vehicles.

The VRB folder is for the OBDII Vortec-B stream of vehicles, not VR commodores :(

Regards
Paul

MICK
April 5th, 2007, 02:39 PM
That sounds really good Paul.

I know what to do with that. Sounds a little like a cal editor.

The only glitch I see is exporting the cal tune data back into bin format so as I can put in back in the eeprom with one of my programmers.

I guess this will get you thinking....:)

I have been using those 27sf512 eproms with good results.

I guess if I can create my own definition and edit my cal, I might be able to use EMutility to update the Ostrich for real time......:)

Would love to have a play around with this when it's available.

Many thanks

Mick

ScarabEpic22
April 5th, 2007, 03:46 PM
Does that mean if I have a lot of time on my hands I could possibly make some more .cal files for my LL8, maybe even work on a COS for it?

Sorry to keep bugging you about this, but there are tons of guys who are dying for a FI setup for their 02-05 LL8s and even just a 2Bar COS would be amazing.

Batman
May 9th, 2007, 12:55 PM

John

JohnL, have you tried Scanner Pro from Mark Mansur? It has the histogram features for ODB1 type cars.

http://www.scannerpro.net/SPdownloadApp.htm

JohnL
May 10th, 2007, 02:58 AM
Thanks Batman, I've downloaded it, but I don't have a good enough .ADS file for the VS to make it run. Do you have a VS ADS?

John

Batman
May 10th, 2007, 11:38 AM
PM sent