PDA

View Full Version : LS2 DBW swap 0411 PCM

picnic_george
November 10th, 2012, 07:51 AM
Friend has an El Camino with a DWB LS2 in it. The PCM is an 0411 out of something like an 8.1l 2500hd. It's got a 4l60e in it. Should the PCM be reflashed to something like an 02 corvette auto trans? The actual tune is not so important just making everything work correctly so the car will start and the throttle work correctly is what matters. It is a 24x ls2 out of an 05 gto I think btw.
Any better ideas?

Thanks
Kris

Lextech
November 10th, 2012, 12:27 PM
The 05 (1mb PCM) DBW throttle body will not work with the 12200411 (512kb) PCM. I don't know if there is an adapter box to make the T/B work with that PCM or not. You could install a DBC T/B and wire in the IAC and TPS sensor into the system. You could use the LS2 specifics (Injector, MAF, VE....) from the 05 tune into a 2002 tune to get you up and running.

Jeff

joeygc5
November 12th, 2012, 05:46 AM
Are the adapter harnesses for the throttle body change, knock sensor relocation, and cam timing chain cover in use? I use a 90mm throttle body on my 01 Corvette L92 stroker 416 with the adapter harness and no issues. You will want to swap in the 02 or so Automatic C5 file for the pcm and then you'll have to adjust the IAC and related throttle tables for the correct idle conditions.

When you get the tune swapped in you can test the throttle control before actually starting the motor. Just key on and watch the throttle blade for position verification movement on key on, then you can push the gas pedal and verify if the throttle body is responding.

picnic_george
November 12th, 2012, 07:31 AM
According to painless wiring. I don't see an issue with the throttle body. I have already uploaded an 02 z06 OS, if I remember correctly it something like 1588 as the last 4 of the OS. I used that because I could swap the trans segment to a 4l60e. Already disabled the VATS and changed the IFR. Does anyone see an issue there? There will still be issues but no biggie, still waiting on the pedal to come in, should be here tomorrow as we had a GTO pedal and it wouldn't plug into the controller. The harness that was used was a painless 60520 and here is the what the instructions said.

The 60520-21 harnesses are complete wiring systems for the fuel injection systems on General Motors throttle-bywire
LS2 fuel injected engines and to control the 4L60E/4L65E automatic or T56 manual transmission. Engines
with codes ZJA, ZJB, 5MC, YTA and 6MC are supported by this harness (see page 18). Factory 2002-03 LS6
computers with service number 12200411 are to be used with this harness. The computer must have 2002-03 ZO6
Corvette programming. The factory accelerator pedal and TAC module from the 2003 Corvette must also be used.
If the pedal and TAC module are not taken from the donor vehicle they can be purchased new. See page three for
correct part numbers. Factory Corvette computers have an anti-theft feature programmed into them. Before the
engine will run this anti-theft feature must be programmed out. These harnesses include all wiring that is needed by
the computer to run and control the fuel injection system and transmission. It is recommended that you have the
computer reprogrammed to remove anything in the original factory programming that relates to a device or devices
that are not being used in your particular vehicle. Good examples of possible unused computer functions are rear O2
sensors, anti-theft (removal required) and emissions (if not using the optional emissions harness and equipment).
NOTE: If you have purchased an LS2 with an engine code other than those listed above, you can still utilize this
fuel injection wire harness after these engine modifications are made. Contact your local engine machinist
shop for help with these modifications.
1. The 58X crank shaft sensor reluctor wheel must be replaced with part number 12559353. This
replacement part number is a 24X crank shaft reluctor wheel from a 2005 Corvette LS2.
2. The crank shaft position sensor must be replaced with the part number 12560228.
3. The 4X camshaft sprocket must be replaced with part number 12576407. This is a 2X sprocket from a
2005 Corvette.
4. The cam shaft position sensor must be replaced with part number 12568983

When you get the tune swapped in you can test the throttle control before actually starting the motor. Just key on and watch the throttle blade for position verification movement on key on, then you can push the gas pedal and verify if the throttle body is responding.Should be able to verify that tomorrow after the pedal gets here. Thank you.

joeygc5
November 14th, 2012, 08:39 AM
Any results to report?

picnic_george
November 14th, 2012, 08:53 AM
Nothing yet, the pedal just showed up today and is sitting at the chevy dealer waiting to get picked up. Got a few things going on before that gets installed, also need to finish the trans cooler and the fuel pump relay. If the pedal setup actually works, the car might be driving tonight. Hopefully that will get verified today so we know it works. I'll post what the outcome on that is. Thanks
Kris

Lextech
November 14th, 2012, 10:54 AM
I am also curious about this. I wouldn't have thought that an 05 DBW setup that uses the 1mb PCM would work with the 0411 512kb PCM.

Jeff

joeygc5
November 14th, 2012, 01:50 PM
I am also curious about this. I wouldn't have thought that an 05 DBW setup that uses the 1mb PCM would work with the 0411 512kb PCM.

Jeff

Huh? Have you seen most of the painless and other swap harnesses (they all seem to use the 411 PCM)? The OP said it used a 411 PCM and the painless ad refers to a 2002-03 Corvette tune file mandatory load.

picnic_george
November 15th, 2012, 04:35 AM

JeffHaven't done it yet, might not get to it til next week. Leaving tomorrow morning for a drag race in Vegas, way more important. But painless says to use that PCM. I've never done this before so as you can imagine I'm not super confident yet lol

picnic_george
November 21st, 2012, 04:26 AM
The car starts and the throttle body is working correctly. It's popping, possible the cam sensor is wired wrong or something. Might just be way out of tune. But a stock ls6 tune into a stock ls2 should be pretty close. Buddy should be checking the codes today and see what's up, I don't assume it's too big of a deal. I might go look at it tonight see if I can figure that out, if not next week but I'm happy to report the throttle body seems to be working fine.

Lextech
November 21st, 2012, 04:33 AM
Thanks for the update. That is good info to know. Keep us posted.

Jeff

joecar
November 21st, 2012, 07:19 AM
What are you using as the cam sensor extension harness...? Check that the pinout of this is not reversed.

picnic_george
November 21st, 2012, 07:57 AM
What are you using as the cam sensor extension harness...? Check that the pinout of this is not reversed.That's what my buddy was thinking. Not a big deal that should be really easy to figure out. I'm sure the harness was just part of the painless deal so I would assume there was no extension harness used. I didn't do the swap I'm just doing the computer stuff. The exhaust is being built right now so who knows if I'll get to it before thanksgiving. Doubt it hahaha I'll post what the issue is as soon as we get to it. The only thing I disabled was the VATS so the car could start. It might be something emissions related, I haven't even heard the car run, I just asked him if he tried starting it and he said it fired right up but it was popping.

picnic_george
December 14th, 2012, 06:48 PM
NVM

And just so everyone knows, the Pedal, TAC module, and TB seem to work just fine.

picnic_george
December 15th, 2012, 03:00 PM
Car would barely start, sometimes it wouldn't, it would pop and not want to idle with the stock z06 OS in it 12221588. So I tried another OS 12593358 and it still didn't want to start, but when it did the car actually idled. We figured the cam sensor was wired wrong(from painless btw). Switched the wires and the car started right up, the only problem is with OS 12593358 there is no such thing as that OS with a 4l60e. So I scratch my head thinking what could possibly be different with those 2 operating systems. I decide for shits and giggles I'd flash it back to 12221588 but with the stock tune out of my corvette (02 auto) and sure as shit the car fires right up, revs and so far everything looks good. Haven't taken it for a drive yet as there is still some things that need to be done but at least we know the motor part works well. As long as the transmission works then we should be good to go.
I got that z06 tune 12221588 from tunefiledepot.com for an 02 z06 and there must be something wrong with it. Someone might want to take a look at that, that is efilives website correct?

joecar
December 15th, 2012, 03:15 PM
www.tunefiledepot belongs to Tordne/Andrew I'll pass long what you said.

picnic_george
December 17th, 2012, 12:30 PM
I didn't change the OS(because it was the same) when I flashed in my stock corvette tune. There must be something in the engine calibration that is funny. I did try that z06 tune before I went to my stock vette tune just to make sure the cam sensor wasn't the issue.
Good looking out Joe :cheers:

picnic_george
December 18th, 2012, 11:58 AM
While your opinion is always valued, I'm unsure how this will help in this thread. KTHNXBYE

joecar
December 18th, 2012, 01:12 PM
While your opinion is always valued, I'm unsure how this will help in this thread. KTHNXBYEI deleted that spam post and banned the username (a bot)

[ it had showed up earlier with a different number in its username ]

picnic_george
December 18th, 2012, 01:15 PM
I know, i saw the earlier one too. I was just being funny. Thanks :)