PDA

View Full Version : Fully functional '03 truck with '06 ECU using '03 TPS -- now I need tuner's help

Goody17
November 10th, 2012, 11:43 AM
I have an '03 truck with an '03 ECU piggy-backed with an '06 ECU. The truck is fully functional, gauges and all. I have completed this task using an '03 TPS. I logged it, it does 62% throttle. Is there any reason why I shouldn't be able to tune around this? I have played with every variation from throttle to MM3s that can possibly be done. I have also re-scaled my pressure maps to max out at 86 MM3, which is approximately 62% of 145 MM3. After doing that, watching my pressure gauge, the fuel pressure goes to what I commanded in my map to approx. 2,700 RPM and then falls back down to 10,000 pounds. The same goes for all of my maps. I get full fueling and then I am limited, and cannot break 3,000 RPM. In neutral, the truck only goes to 3,200 RPM. What am I doing wrong?? Does my ECU need to be re-flashed by a dealer? I've read of some people having a similar issue on this forum. Or, is it the fact that I cannot go past 62% throttle? Also, my truck is manual and I have a 3.0 turbo charger. Do I not know what the hell I'm doing to tune a big charger, or is something wrong with my ECU? Thanks in advance for all of your help!