PDA

View Full Version : Flashscan V2 wont load to laptop, need help asap!!

Duramaxxx
November 12th, 2012, 09:58 AM
I have a flashscan V2 scan and tune, ive installed all the current updates to the downloads that I got from the efilive website. I have a problem with getting my laptop to recognize my device, when I plug it in it lights the screen up but there is no text and the computer does not respond in any other way. When I go into the devices page there is nothing for efilive available, I tried to follow the steps for installing the device driver software but I cant find it anywhere on my computer. When I hit the power button on the device it responds with a buzz or beep type sound, when I plug it into my usb port it powers up and works normally. I tried a different usb cord with no changes. I also registered the license that I have with the hope that would help but still no change, im lost please help me out. Thank you

joecar
November 12th, 2012, 10:39 AM
Start->All Programs->EFILive->V8->USB Manager

uninstall the current driver, and install 2.2.4.

Duramaxxx
November 12th, 2012, 11:23 AM
Well I went into there and deleted the drivers then installed the 2.2.4, I tried to hook it up again and same result. Im new to efilive and its frustrating to say the least

Duramaxxx
November 12th, 2012, 11:24 AM
I dont know how to check firmware on the device but I do know it was made 4 years ago and maybe thats part of the problem.

Duramaxxx
November 12th, 2012, 11:25 AM
Im on a asus laptop and its got windows 7 if that matters

Duramaxxx
November 12th, 2012, 11:26 AM
When I try to open the firmware update page it tells me the program is missing and to reinstall the program and try again, not sure what that means.

Duramaxxx
November 12th, 2012, 11:28 AM
Also when I plug it in all 5 of the lights light up then the orange light thats second from the right lights up twice then thats all it does.

Duramaxxx
November 12th, 2012, 12:25 PM
Ok this thing is about to fly across the room and end up in a million pieces, im starting to regret my purchase. What a p.i.t.a.

Duramaxxx
November 12th, 2012, 12:47 PM
Anyone have a clue?

joecar
November 12th, 2012, 02:22 PM
I dont know how to check firmware on the device but I do know it was made 4 years ago and maybe thats part of the problem.Start the V8 EFILive Explorer software, goto the Firmware tab and post a screenshot of that here.

Do you know what firmware version and bootblock version your V2 has (can you navigate down using the LCD/keypad to find these...?)...?

I need to know those versions before proceeding.

joecar
November 12th, 2012, 02:24 PM
When I try to open the firmware update page it tells me the program is missing and to reinstall the program and try again, not sure what that means.Can you post a screenshot...?

Blacky
November 12th, 2012, 04:47 PM
When I try to open the firmware update page it tells me the program is missing and to reinstall the program and try again, not sure what that means.

The software installation may not have completed successfully due to lack of Admin privileges. You should run the installation "As Administrator".
To do that, instead of double clicking on the file that you downloaded from the web site, right-click on it and select "Run as Administrator".

Regards
Paul

Blacky
November 12th, 2012, 04:53 PM
when I plug it in it lights the screen up but there is no text and the computer does not respond in any other way.

That means Windows has not loaded the USB drivers for FlashScan. FlashScan requires 300mA of current to power its LCD screen, Windows will only allow the USB port to supply 100mA of power until the drivers are loaded and Winodws knows what device it is supplying power to. So the first thing that needs to be fixed is installing the correct drivers. Drivers really should be installed "As Administrator".

When you run the "EFILive USB Manager" program, you should right-click on it in the Windows start menu and select "Run as Administrator".

Regards
Paul

catman3126
November 15th, 2012, 03:30 AM
Iam having the same issue and have done all the recommended stuff in the other thread pertaining to this issue and nothing has solved this. Sometimes my v2 will light up and work fine for a few minutes and then goto the blue screen and other times it goes a few seconds after I plug the usb in. I'm thinking I may need to completely uninstall EFI live and run as administrator to download the program from this site? Could that be it? I'd like to be able to scan with my laptop on a Cummins this Saturday but I can't do it this way. Thankyou for BBF other wise it would be useless.

joecar
November 15th, 2012, 05:46 AM
Iam having the same issue and have done all the recommended stuff in the other thread pertaining to this issue and nothing has solved this. Sometimes my v2 will light up and work fine for a few minutes and then goto the blue screen and other times it goes a few seconds after I plug the usb in. I'm thinking I may need to completely uninstall EFI live and run as administrator to download the program from this site? Could that be it? I'd like to be able to scan with my laptop on a Cummins this Saturday but I can't do it this way. Thankyou for BBF other wise it would be useless.Yes, redownload and reinstall as admin.

dodgeram5-92500
September 19th, 2015, 08:09 AM
try reinstalling the actual software, if there was a problem with the initial installation it won't recognize it at all. I have the same setup you do and mine works fine. as soon as you get the software open update everything, then hook your flashscan up to it and as soon as you get your licensing info entered update everything on the flashscan. that's how I did mine and it works fine. I have the same laptop and OS.

LZamora
September 22nd, 2015, 11:37 AM
Try Uninstalling and reinstalling your USB Driver. All Program/ EFI Live / V8 / EFI Live USB Manager

I would try some of the older version. If that don't work send it to SoCal Diesel they can Fix 99% of V2 Problems.

KhakiCummins
September 23rd, 2015, 09:29 AM
You guys realize this thread is almost 3 years old right??