PDA

View Full Version : Hey guys and gals, my 1st post here.

rickp
November 15th, 2012, 03:18 AM
Hey guys and gals,
I'm Rick and I just got my AutoCal from BBP. I'll be doing a tune with them for my truck.
BTW, I have an 02 Tahoe LT 5.3L Flex Fuel.

I do have a question about the AutoCal, how can I get and clear error codes in my truck? I have the Service Engine Soon light on and I would like know the issue

Thanks
R.

joecar
November 15th, 2012, 04:49 AM
Hi Rick,

Welcome to the forum.

Your AC has the ability to read/display the DTC(s) which you can then look up in the service manual.

ScarabEpic22
November 15th, 2012, 07:01 AM
Hi Rick,
I dont know what firmware version BBP has loaded for you (dont update unless BBP asks you to!), but on my AutoCals with the latest fw just connect it to your truck, use the down arrow button until you see "Display DTCs", click the OK button, and the DTCs should display. You can use the up/down arrows to scroll through the list.

Just a heads up, whenever you flash your truck all DTCs for the PCM/ECM/TCM are automatically cleared.

rickp
November 15th, 2012, 09:20 AM
Hi Rick,
I dont know what firmware version BBP has loaded for you (dont update unless BBP asks you to!), but on my AutoCals with the latest fw just connect it to your truck, use the down arrow button until you see "Display DTCs", click the OK button, and the DTCs should display. You can use the up/down arrows to scroll through the list.

Just a heads up, whenever you flash your truck all DTCs for the PCM/ECM/TCM are automatically cleared.

I just got it yesterday so I sent them an email letting them know and I'm waiting on a reply.

I checked my AutoCal and everything was up to date with the latest software.

Sorry for my ingnorance but I'm learning about all this. When you say I flash the PCM/ECM/TCM do you mean when I load the tune I get?

One last question. The instructions talk about loading or picking a controller for my type of truck, what exactly is that?

Thanks guys, and again, sorry for the elementary questions.

R.

ScarabEpic22
November 15th, 2012, 04:19 PM
Yes I mean read the stock tune in your truck now then flash the tune you have/will get. The controller you need to use for your 02 Chevy Tahoe is the LS1B PCM.

rickp
November 16th, 2012, 02:30 AM
Yes I mean read the stock tune in your truck now then flash the tune you have/will get. The controller you need to use for your 02 Chevy Tahoe is the LS1B PCM.

Well BBP got back to me. Now I need to hook up the AutoCal and get the data. They also have a controller for me to load.

Again thank you for the info.

rickp
November 16th, 2012, 02:55 AM
As it turns out I have the new version of EFILive and the instuctions on BBT are for ver7. In hopes of expediting things maybe you guys can help me.

How do I load a file to the AutoCal?

thanks

joecar
November 16th, 2012, 06:55 AM
As it turns out I have the new version of EFILive and the instuctions on BBT are for ver7. In hopes of expediting things maybe you guys can help me.

How do I load a file to the AutoCal?

thanksI don't understand what was told to you (since V7 does not do BBx, only V8 does)...!?!?

Note that you should be at the following versions:
- V7 build 211
- V8 build 203
- AC firmware version 2.7.35

Then after you are at those versions, you need to make sure your AC BBx config is upto date and matches your ECM...
see post #1 here (skip the SD Card): Setting-up-a-FSV2-from-scratch (http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?20699-Setting-up-a-FSV2-from-scratch)

To load files onto AC, see post #2 here: Setting-up-a-FSV2-from-scratch (http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?20699-Setting-up-a-FSV2-from-scratch)

rickp
November 16th, 2012, 07:41 AM
I don't understand what was told to you (since V7 does not do BBx, only V8 does)...!?!?

Note that you should be at the following versions:
- V7 build 211
- V8 build 203
- AC firmware version 2.7.35

Then after you are at those versions, you need to make sure your AC BBx config is upto date and matches your ECM...
see post #1 here (skip the SD Card): Setting-up-a-FSV2-from-scratch (http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?20699-Setting-up-a-FSV2-from-scratch)

To load files onto AC, see post #2 here: Setting-up-a-FSV2-from-scratch (http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?20699-Setting-up-a-FSV2-from-scratch)

To be honest with you not much is being said. I'm supposed to follow the directions on the site but even that doesnt match what I have or downloaded.

All I did was download V8 from the site when I got the AutoCal in. I checked the for updates from inside EFILive Scan and Tune and I'm up to date.

R