PDA

View Full Version : Reading AutoCal logged Data

rickp
November 16th, 2012, 12:29 PM
I got another post on here and if you've read it you'll know that I'm very much trying to learn how to use the AutoCal and EFILive scan tune software. I just got it so I'm still pretty clueless about it.

As such I'm looking to read the logged data I got from my truck, how can I do that.

FYI, the only program I downloaded is v8 of the software and it's up to date current, as is the AutoCal.

My next question and its in line with the previous, is how can i read the error codes and clear them?

I'm really really new to this so please don't assume i know how to get around in the program.

Thanks
R.

joecar
November 16th, 2012, 01:48 PM
Hi Rick,

So your AC firmware is at 2.7.35...?

Is your AC programmed to recognize your ECM [ in S&T goto BBx and read from AC, goto Tune and look at the ECM's mentioned ] ...?

Use EFILive Explorer to copy the log file from AC to your PC [ in lower pane of EE goto Data Files tab, drag files from lower pane (AC) to upper pane (PC) ].

You should be able to navigate down the menu (LCD/keypad) until you see "Clear DTC's".

rickp
November 17th, 2012, 03:04 AM
Hi Rick,

So your AC firmware is at 2.7.35...?

Is your AC programmed to recognize your ECM [ in S&T goto BBx and read from AC, goto Tune and look at the ECM's mentioned ] ...?

Use EFILive Explorer to copy the log file from AC to your PC [ in lower pane of EE goto Data Files tab, drag files from lower pane (AC) to upper pane (PC) ].

You should be able to navigate down the menu (LCD/keypad) until you see "Clear DTC's".

Hey joe,
yeah the AC firmware is 2.07.35 the AC boot block version is 2.07.04.

I loaded the AC with the correct controller so i could log data from my truck.

Ok i see what you're doing and I understand it. I'll try that.
I have one question. In EFILIve explorer I have 2 files that it created, the first log file that AC created is in the Scan directory in EFIL Explorer , then I had to create another file in AC but this time with the truck not running but with the ignition in the run position. BBP called it "tune file retrieval". the file has a ctz extension and is in the read directory in EFILive Explorer.
I moved both the files to the Tune directory I created. But I still can't seem to read any data.

When I open EFILive S&T int he Quick Start window I see the file I created during the Tune File Retreival process, the file with the ctz extension.

I tried opening both files and nothing. What am i doing wrong?

While on the topic, what's the difference in between those 2 files. When I was done logging the data and I save it by exiting in AC I thought that was it. What does retrieving the file do and whats is that file it creates?

Again thanks

joecar
November 18th, 2012, 04:32 PM
Move both files to your PC using V8 EFILive Explorer (goto the Data Files tab, click home, drag files from lower pane to upper pane).

Then:
- use the V7 scantool to view the log file (.efi).
- use the V7 tunetool to view the tune file (.ctz).

V8 S&T will show you a summary of those files, you need V8 EE to move them to your PC, you need V7 scantool/tunetool to view them.

.efi = log file = recording of pids over time.
.ctz = tune file = EMC's contents (tables).

rickp
November 19th, 2012, 01:51 AM
Move both files to your PC using V8 EFILive Explorer (goto the Data Files tab, click home, drag files from lower pane to upper pane).

Then:
- use the V7 scantool to view the log file (.efi).
- use the V7 tunetool to view the tune file (.ctz).

V8 S&T will show you a summary of those files, you need V8 EE to move them to your PC, you need V7 scantool/tunetool to view them.

.efi = log file = recording of pids over time.
.ctz = tune file = EMC's contents (tables).

Thank you thank you thank you!!!! LOL.. I'll download v7 today.

rickp
November 19th, 2012, 03:43 AM
Ok!!! I able to see everything.

Here's my next question. My truck has the Service Engine Soon light on. I know that in the AC I can see and clear it but how can I see the codes with these apps.

Again thanks Joe, you've been a ton of help.

joecar
November 19th, 2012, 03:49 AM
On the AC LCD/keypad, navigate down until you see a Show DTC menu item.

You may have to first configure BBx (V8 S&T, goto BBx, goto DTC tab).