PDA

View Full Version : Efi live help very important. HELLLLP

dieselguy9311
November 19th, 2012, 03:13 PM
I have efi live workshop commercial program. I have had this program since 06 and have had no problems like this. With the workshop edition i have i can pretty program all Chevy vehicles as many times as i want. My problem now is that my computer crashed and when i reloaded the program on to a new computer it is only letting me program 2 vehicles and now i am stuck. I am hoping that a efi live owner or some tech savy person can help me with this. I have a customer coming tomorrow to get there truck programmed and i am unable to do so. I have loaded and unloaded the software several times entered my serial number and all that tons of times and can not get it going. If you know whats going on and can help please do so. I dont know who to get ahold of on this i have no phone numbers. those would be cool to if you can get a number to efilive somebody. thanks again kind of jumbled up but kind of in a hurry.

GMPX
November 19th, 2012, 03:26 PM
Can you please plug your hardware in to the USB port and check the license details in V7.5 Tune Tool?
Go to Help, then choose 'Flashscan V1 PCM licensing' (I'm assuming you have V1 hardware), if not choose the V2 option. From there you will be able to see what streams are still active.
I'm also deleting your other threads, posting three threads on the same topic is probably going to get you ignored by everyone rather than a faster response.

dieselguy9311
November 19th, 2012, 04:12 PM
its says that i dont have any streams available and i am running v2 also

dieselguy9311
November 19th, 2012, 04:12 PM
just says that i have 2 used vins and 2 available trans

GMPX
November 19th, 2012, 04:27 PM
So with the new laptop, did you download the software off the website to install?
If so then your V2 would need it's firmware updated as well to suit those new versions.
Here is a rather long thread (http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?20982-have-not-updated-my-controller-in-a-long-time-whats-needed) where someone is currently updating everything.

joecar
November 19th, 2012, 04:36 PM
What is the firmware version of your V2 (connect to vehicle, navigate down the LCD/keypad)...?

What is the build version of your V7 software (Help->About)...?

dieselguy9311
November 19th, 2012, 04:48 PM
v7.5.7 build 211 firm wire version 2.4.72 i have updated the 7.5v to the newest and i updated the firm wire version as well. still no help. am i missing anything else.

dieselguy9311
November 19th, 2012, 05:04 PM
so i looked at my info again and it says the liscnes is workshop scan and tune but right below that it says restricted to personal scan and tune.and in quotes no cable.

dieselguy9311
November 19th, 2012, 05:14 PM
Well sorry for keeping you all up i never updated the bootblock and when i did it was the one that i saw later that said not to update it to but i updated that and then the firmwire again and i got all my stuff back. Thanks again i was kind of freaking out there for a bit. Makes me for sure want to help out anybody that has questions on here that i can. Cause it really sucks when you dont know whats going on. lol thanks again going to bed.

GMPX
November 19th, 2012, 05:44 PM
No problem, at least you'll sleep easy now.

joecar
November 20th, 2012, 06:21 AM
So now your V2 firmware is 2.7.35...?

dieselguy9311
November 20th, 2012, 01:04 PM
yes that is right 2.7.35. But i do still have a very big problem. i know that i have programmed many lbz's and lmm trucks but that stream is no longer active is it possible that i got some back but lost some or maybe i have to do something else to get that rest back. Customer was very upset. I am also very upset at this point. Please help again guys.

joecar
November 20th, 2012, 01:08 PM
When you updated the from 2.4.72 to 2.7.35 did you go thru steps shown in this document (attached)...?

dieselguy9311
November 20th, 2012, 01:20 PM
I dont think that i did that all quite in that order i did the bootblock and then went into efilive v8 and updated it to the highest it could go through that. pretty much it.

dieselguy9311
November 20th, 2012, 01:23 PM
i did do the onboard boot block and it did upload to the 2.05.06 and it says on that it is a unstable program is it possible that it was what messed it up.

cindy@efilive
November 20th, 2012, 02:02 PM
With the changes we have to make to add new features, vehicle support and other functionality it's important to ensure you have the latest bootblock, firmware, V8 software and V7 software installed.

If one of these components is not correct, then problems can occur. A few updates ago we had to make changes to the licensing structure. In this instance, if 'something' isn't the correct version all your licenses will disappear until 'everything' is in sync.

I am confident that you haven't lost your stream, it's just not currently visible to you because of a firmware/bootblock/software mismatch.

Cheers
Cindy

dieselguy9311
November 20th, 2012, 02:29 PM
my firmwire is 2.07.35 and bootblock is 2.07.04 my version is 7.5.7 build 211. is this all correct. When i clicked help and scrolled down to about i also see that it says my license is workshop scan and tune but says restricted to personal scan and tune and says no cable.

Blacky
November 21st, 2012, 12:23 PM
There is no "workshop" license for FlashScan V2. When you upgraded from your "V1 Workshop" device your V2 device should have been populated with unlimited tuning streams for the following controllers:

LS1A
LS1B
E40
E54 (LB7)
E60 (LLY)
P10
AL5
T42

which are all the unlimited devices supported by the V1 Workshop, plus two extras: E40 and T42.

If your cable is not connected to your PC prior to starting the V7.5 tuning tool software you will get the message you described: "restricted to personal scan and tune".
To prevent that if/when your cable is not connected, you should enter your license details under the Help -> Register EFILive...
If you don't have your V2 license/registration details, please send me your V2 serial and auth code as per these instructions and I'll send them to you.
http://support.efilive.com/kb_article.php?ref=2143-YUOG-8049

You can check which streams are active on your V2 device using the menu option: Help-> FlashScan V2/AutoCal V2 VIN Licensing, then select the [Stream] tab page at the top/right of the window.

Regards
Paul