PDA

View Full Version : Tuning changes going from 85mm MAF to LS7 or other 100mm MAF?

PRAY
November 20th, 2012, 10:30 PM
I have been trying to read up on this but I am still not getting it. If I go from a stock 85mm MAF in say a E67 ECM car to a LS3/7 or other 100mm MAF what tables do I need to change? Should I just copy over all the MAF tables from what ever car the MAF matches? Guys are posting graphs with g/sec vs. rpm and saying to copy them for the MAF but those get manipulated for fueling any way. Are they just posting a starting point? What am I missing?

The other thing is MAF scaling. I guess you have to go into every fuel and air table that has g/sec and multiply them by .75 or .50 depending on your needs. But I heard it mentioned that you need to do your spark tables and all transmission tables that read Nm. I would suspect that your IFR table would have to be scaled too since it can be changed to g/sec from lbs/hr? I have not ran into this issue with my current builds but scaling would have helped me in the past with my old C5 stuff. 512 g/sec is only about 500rw in those cars. I break that with almost every stroker and LS3 build now. I want to be well rounded. Where can I read up on this?

Thanks.

ScarabEpic22
November 20th, 2012, 11:44 PM
Start with copying the MAF tables over from a tune with the right MAF params, Im guessing you want to run a LS7 MAF in your TBSS (Im working on my LS7 MAF tune for mine now too).

If the table columns/rows have different values, you'll need to interpolate the existing values to get the correct ones for your tune. Im just starting on my TBSS so I cant help you just yet. I might be installing my LS7 MAF on Saturday or it might have to wait a little while, not sure yet.

PRAY
November 21st, 2012, 02:11 AM
I am not sure I am going to put a LS7 MAF on the TBSS or not but I still need to know how to do this for other peoples cars if need be.

I just compared all the tables and data between my MAF and a 06' Z in the tune and diagnostics and the only difference was the freq/hz really. I would have to change that for the fueling needs anyway. The 06' Z is also missing some of the IAC tables to make it a straight swap over. The IAC counts were different and could be copied over. Maybe a year later OS would match up better. So are you saying to just copy the stock Z06 Freq/hz table and interpolate that against mine and start there? Are we trying to get this right in one shot so there is no need for a re-tune? That may be the part I am not understanding. I just figured you would have to retune your MAF if you switched.