PDA

View Full Version : Up jump Beelzebub (Idle)

eboggs_jkvl
March 7th, 2006, 09:45 AM
Man, I thought I had the rascal nailed but obviously the engine idle hates me!

Ok, Start up cold... Dead on! Wham, hits idle rock solid and behaves itself all the way through the warm up process to closed loop. We win!

Drive for 5 minutes, engine temp is up to normal and go to the store. Air Temps are in the mid 70s here so it's not cold enough to cool the engine way down. IN the store for 45 minutes and come out, hop in, start it up and BIG hunt for idle slams up. Big surge (it died for the first time yesterday) and really makes me hold the throttle to maintain any semblence of reasonable idle. After I drive on it for a very short time (say 1 minute) the hunt is gone and it's rock solid at 850 where I have it set on B4603.

Any quick ideas where to start on this? It caught me without my laptop yesterday so the actual "die" was not recorded.

Elmer

wait4me
March 7th, 2006, 09:58 AM
can you turn off idle trims?

if you send me the file to jessebubb@yahoo.com i can change some stuff to get it going.

eboggs_jkvl
March 7th, 2006, 10:04 AM
You've got mail!

wait4me
March 7th, 2006, 11:49 AM
just emailed it back to you. Let me know. :)

eboggs_jkvl
March 7th, 2006, 12:12 PM
OK, I responded with 2 e-mails. The 2nd makes more sense in my observations of what you did.

I see big changes in Minimun Injector PW
Default Minimum PW
Injector Pulse Width Voltage Adjustment.

You commented on Inj offset changes but they look untouched just changed from Metric to SAE.

Elmer

eboggs_jkvl
March 7th, 2006, 12:43 PM
Upon FURTHER review, you were a busy lad! Wow, you visited a lot of tables! :D:D

Chris81
March 7th, 2006, 01:22 PM
I would love to hear what is done to fix this! I'm tuning a car right now (90 mm ETC Vette) that does this as well, usually worse in hot weather!

eboggs_jkvl
March 8th, 2006, 03:21 AM
Jesse, check your inbox.

Redline Motorsports
March 8th, 2006, 02:11 PM
I would love to hear what is done to fix this! I'm tuning a car right now (90 mm ETC Vette) that does this as well, usually worse in hot weather!

Yeah! Stop holding out! I would like to know what direction jes to it!

wait4me
March 8th, 2006, 02:24 PM
Well, i missunderstood what injectors he had so i set them up way too big. Not have anytime to reset up the file, but ill have him one tommorrow morning.

eboggs_jkvl
March 8th, 2006, 02:26 PM
The spirit was willing but the injectors were too big! I think. My bad big guy, I should have been a lot more specific on what I'm driving. If you have other things to consider, look at my "Complete SIG" and the info is there.

Elmer

eboggs_jkvl
March 9th, 2006, 07:55 AM
Jes and I had a conversation on the phone yesterday discussing issues. 30 seconds into the conversation he had my brain into overload and 7 seconds later the status went to "fried to a crisp." It was a very one-way conversation! I tried to be intelligent but nodding one's head is tough to communicate over the telephone!

He's scary when he talks tuning! I needed a lexicon to to look up all the big words!