PDA

View Full Version : Flashscan causing strange problems!

blklmm
December 1st, 2012, 08:30 AM
I was working on my lmm the other day and wanted to plug in the v2 and go for a spin. Plugged it in and noticed an immediate abs light and service trailer brakes pop up on the dic. Went to crank the truck over and it started to crank, stopped, and then resumed cranking and fired up. Let it sit there and run and noticed the voltage fluctuating on the cluster while the truck surged. It then popped a U0100 communication code for the pcm. Unplug the v2 and the problem immediatly goes away. Used it many times before with no trouble, used it on an lbz last weekend with no trouble. Any ideas?? Anyone seen this before? Thanks, Jason

blklmm
December 1st, 2012, 09:44 AM
Firmware is 2.07.35 and bootblock is 2.07.04. Also has efi error code $0280 vehicle not found

Boost
December 1st, 2012, 05:51 PM
not to hijack your thread friend but rather to add, I have also experienced a strange thing. I was data-logging an LMM live and the Flashscan to OBDII cable slipped out of the FS2 because the tooth on it is deformed (I need a new one!). Immediately, it went into limp and I had to pull over. After I shut it off it would not start at all just crank, and had an ECM error code. As I suspected, Cal-flashing it solved the issue and I was able to resume driving.

However, I really think that all of this is completely normal. After all, nothing was damaged and the session WAS abnormally interrupted causing it to act up.

I know from my dealer tech days that newer GM controllers are sensitive as they will set many warning lights on a brand new stock car just from plugging in a standard factory scan tool. Camaros have lights for almost 20 minutes after a BCM reflash, and my Cruze sets steering faults if you plug in while running.

Hope that helps a little.

blklmm
December 4th, 2012, 05:00 PM
Figured it out. Seems my flashscan has a bent pin where it connects to the obd2 cable. Didnt see it at first, but now that I sit in the truck with it running I can wiggle the cable and cause my truck to freak out. Now I need to figure out how to repair that bad pin. It sits just about right in the middle. Anybody repair one of those connections before?