PDA

View Full Version : How accurate is the HP calc?

dbaxter_ss
February 20th, 2005, 02:04 PM
Just wondering.
I know already to ignore when I get wheel spin, either that or my baby has almost 700 hp :D

Is there anyway to remove that sample other then export to excel and replot?

dbaxter_ss
February 20th, 2005, 02:12 PM
Forgot to add, would this be similar to a mustang dyno's reading since instead how a mustang simulates real world, it is real world and the numbers would be lower?

So basically 10% lower then a dynojet, and 10-15% for M6 and 20% for A4 drive train loss to get FWHP?

[edit]
Just asking since I pretty much have turned a new stretch of highways on ramps into my on the way to work dyno's ;)

Its one heck of a way to get the ltft for a 30-45 minute drive and then wot readings.

Also, with the HP calc, I am putting in the vehicle weight, my weigh and gas weight to get close to accurate numbers.

It will be interesting to see how close they come once I can get on the dyno with my flashscan.

SinisterSS
February 20th, 2005, 02:45 PM
I've compared the horsepower from the scanner taken during dyno runs and it matches the dyno results perfectly if you fine tune the weight of the car in EFILive.

dbaxter_ss
February 20th, 2005, 02:48 PM
Great then using the 3775 gto weight, 185 for me and half a tank = 100 pounds = 4060.