PDA

View Full Version : CamaroSS and I Throttle cracker observations

Dirk Diggler
March 8th, 2006, 04:24 AM
Last night CamaroSS and I drove around with the Craig Moates RT Tuner and EFILive running. Our sole purpose was to se what effects the Throttle Cracker table has on idle while moving and while sitting still. While driving we exaggerated the numbers under 2k from 0-64 MPH and drove around. The car started with the haning idle business everytime the clutch was pushed in and the car was moving. We also noticed the car took off a little smoother when letting out on the clutch and getting the car to initially roll. We then started going the other way lowering the values to see the effects. As we took 20% of air outta the table we noticed the hanging wasnt as bad so we continued taking air out until the car fell graciously to 1100 rpm while moving and when you come to a complete stop sticks right at 900 rpm.

My thoughts on this table seem to be in addition to desired airflow which was dialed in using the rafig pids from a dead cold to operating temps. I know have a G5X4 cam only car that behaves really well with the exception of a little bucking here and there under 1500 rpm in 6th gear.

If you dont have a RT Tuner get one this thing is tits. We fooled around with timing, fueling, throttle follower even though we didnt play to much with it and a few other things

Camaro SS
March 8th, 2006, 04:41 AM
Yeah the Roadrunner makes it sweet to be able to play with tables like the throttle cracker and see the effects immediately.

I can't wait to play with the Roadrunner on my 402 solid roller once I get the dang thing back together.

joecar
March 8th, 2006, 06:48 AM
LoL, now my Mrs will really miss me when I get one.

Craig Moates
March 8th, 2006, 05:01 PM
Glad you're liking it. Doing what it's supposed to do, and letting you check out all those 'obscure' parameters and tables.

You're still shooting in the dark, but you've got tracer bullets now. And if you hit something it will scream for ya!