PDA

View Full Version : Press release

Powder_Keg
December 11th, 2012, 05:21 AM
Hello all, I suppose after this press release there is not going to be any fix for the ding issue on the 6.7's now?

Glenn
December 11th, 2012, 02:08 PM
I wondered the same thing. I think I know the answer.

TorqueDieselLLC
December 11th, 2012, 03:16 PM
i would think that we will stil get a fix since the canada guys wont be effected by this?

GMPX
December 11th, 2012, 03:28 PM
Correct, we will keep working on it as there is plenty of 6.7L Cummins trucks outside of the USA who can still legally remove emissions controls. But in the end we have no idea what the laws are in each country, that is still up to the individual user to check.
I have started a new thread on this topic here.
http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?21154-Diesel-tuning-restrictions-for-USA-customers

Powder_Keg
December 12th, 2012, 04:52 AM
Correct, we will keep working on it as there is plenty of 6.7L Cummins trucks outside of the USA who can still legally remove emissions controls. But in the end we have no idea what the laws are in each country, that is still up to the individual user to check.
I have started a new thread on this topic here.
http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?21154-Diesel-tuning-restrictions-for-USA-customers

What i dont get is that the EPA cannot regulate any company outside of the US? So why are you folks bowing down to this??

KhakiCummins
December 12th, 2012, 05:18 AM
What i dont get is that the EPA cannot regulate any company outside of the US? So why are you folks bowing down to this??

You're right, they can't regulate the business but they can regulate what is imported into this country. The US have banned Kinder Eggs because the toys inside are a choking hazard to little kids.... Wouldn't take much for them to ban the import of any device that allows the intentional bypass of emissions equipment... and in that case, since the V2 is a piece of the puzzle for EFI Live, they could ban the import of V2 devices into the US and that would not only affect the diesel community but EVERYONE. This is only speculation on my part but I believe that EFI Live looked at their options and decided that loosing a small part of their market in one country was a far better solution than loosing that country entirely. It does suck but I'm sure that EFI Live just like H&S and MADS did not make their decision without the consultations of a legal team.