PDA

View Full Version : Tuning LLY w/ Nitrous

02gmcwaldoch
March 8th, 2006, 12:20 PM
I have recently added a 150 shot of nitrous to my truck. It is now crazy fast but i know it can be better. Any ideas on how to make a nitrous tune? I have a log if anyone would like to see!

Thanks guys,

JESSE

Kennedy Diesel
March 8th, 2006, 01:42 PM
Add a lot of fuel and hang on, but myself, I'd shy away from it or have a spare turbo on hand...

02gmcwaldoch
March 9th, 2006, 12:04 PM
how does the nitrous affect the turbo?

JESSE

never satisfied
March 9th, 2006, 12:47 PM
Nitrous will give you more boost. Too much boost can cause turbo failure

Kennedy Diesel
March 9th, 2006, 02:09 PM
I think you'll torch the tips of the wheel based on McRat's experience...

kbracing96
March 9th, 2006, 03:28 PM
So you broke you your gasers tranny, and now you tring to melt you Duramax's turbo with a little spray??:muahaha:

Kennedy Diesel
March 10th, 2006, 01:44 AM
If that gasser is a 2wd extended cab I might know someone interested...

02gmcwaldoch
March 10th, 2006, 02:19 PM
Well...It's a 4wd and now the tranny's rebuilt in the gasser. But the Dmax on the other hand, is goin on its third tranny..oh well its under warranty!!! :banana:

But back to the point...I have been running the nitrous with the Edge on 5 and the BD programmer on "race-only" mode. I have logged up to a 52.2 differance between the baro pressure and the boost pressure on the logs. I have a log of running the nitrous with the BD programmer if anyone would mind taking a look at it?

JESSE

a78turbo
March 11th, 2006, 03:57 AM
Well...It's a 4wd and now the tranny's rebuilt in the gasser. But the Dmax on the other hand, is goin on its third tranny..oh well its under warranty!!! :banana:

But back to the point...I have been running the nitrous with the Edge on 5 and the BD programmer on "race-only" mode. I have logged up to a 52.2 differance between the baro pressure and the boost pressure on the logs. I have a log of running the nitrous with the BD programmer if anyone would mind taking a look at it?

JESSE

Someone is gonna kill a motor shortly. 52.2 lbs boost? is that correct? On a stock 3RD TRANS? Warrantied? NOS? IMHO someone needs to stop and think before they continue down that path. :bash:

02gmcwaldoch
March 11th, 2006, 06:27 AM
i dont know if its correct or not? But thats what it said in the log! I've had the C4 clutches replaced twice. Now I have the BD shift kit and it helps a lot. I've now added nitous and went through a few bottles already and still no problems!

Kennedy Diesel
March 12th, 2006, 02:51 AM
Try 52.2"hg...

Max Power
March 12th, 2006, 04:57 AM
Kennedy what is your theory on why Nitrous is torching the tips? I am having a hard time understanding why it would cause this.

02gmcwaldoch
March 12th, 2006, 07:15 AM
Kennedy...so how much boost would that be?

Kennedy Diesel
March 13th, 2006, 05:10 AM
Divide "hg by 2 for psi. Something I've been hoping Ross would set up for us is the ability to switch the Imperial measure between hg and psi as well as lb/min vs g/sec.

As for the turbo tips, who knows??? Garret could have cheaped out on material, OR it could be the way that exhaust is directed at the wheel.

bobo
March 18th, 2006, 03:45 AM
The tips getting wrecked is from EGT's too high, correct? What does NOS do to EGT's? I thought it cooled it down some, but I have never ran NOS.

As for the turbo tips, who knows??? Garret could have cheaped out on material, OR it could be the way that exhaust is directed at the wheel.

ratlover
October 10th, 2006, 11:45 AM
I know this is realy old but just in case any duramaxer comes in here and sees this......N2O and stock trans dont belong in the same sentence. And the bully dog valve is useless IMHO and will do nothing for you except make it bang shifts at first.