PDA

View Full Version : Any body knows what ECM will 2014 GM trucks have ?

wesam
December 13th, 2012, 10:52 AM
Any body knows what ECM will 2014 GM trucks have ?
I know its just shown today but i want to know if there is any news about ecm

GMPX
December 13th, 2012, 10:58 AM
Not sure, the new SIDI GenV V8 motors (not sure when they will hit the streets) will use a new ECM type, but if they still sell the non SIDI GenIV's I'd suggest they will still be using what is currently out there.

ForcedTQ
December 14th, 2012, 11:57 AM
It looks like it will be under the nomenclature of "E92." Not sure if that has any significance that can be broken down as far as controller hardware family or not?

Check the link: http://media.gm.com/media/us/en/gm/news.detail.html/content/Pages/news/us/en/2012/Dec/1213_ecotec3-engines.html

It's towards the bottom of the page. It looks as though they will have an IAH (humidity) sensor now as well. Engine driven vacuum pump will be on all engines as well; article says it's for the brake booster, but I wonder if it could be used for the PCV system as well?

ScarabEpic22
December 14th, 2012, 01:29 PM
6.2L DI VVT... kill AFM, throw a supercharger on it, and put it in my TBSS. Sounds like a fun recipe, downside is Im betting almost 100% that the E92 wont play nice with existing ECMs in a swap environment.

GMPX
December 14th, 2012, 04:34 PM
It looks as though they will have an IAH (humidity) sensor now as well.
E39A ECM's have them now too.

Boost
December 14th, 2012, 04:39 PM
Cooooooool. I still owe you that Verano T scan, it is waiting for me at the dealer but I have been sooo busy with my pathetic little life :/

DURAtotheMAX
December 17th, 2012, 10:08 AM
FWIW, this is the best picture I can find of the new ECM in the 2014 pickups.......

Gordy M
December 27th, 2012, 04:25 AM
The controller is the E92 from Seimens (sp) and from what I have been told it has not been cracked by anyone yet. It has been used in Europe on several different cars.

Boost
December 28th, 2012, 12:14 AM
Discouraging or motivation for us? :secret:

' The entire operation is managed by a new E92 ECU, which boasts a 65-volt interface to the injectors and very sophisticated programming to control the fuel maps and spark timing.

“There’s a misconception that there’s hidden horsepower in the calibration,” warns Lee, when asked about the potential for aftermarket tuning. “We optimized spark and fuel to make as much power as we can. The ingenuity of the aftermarket is phenomenal, but DI will be an issue. That’s something new and different for the aftermarket.” '

source:

http://www.enginelabs.com/engine-tech/is-the-gen-v-engines-combustion-system-really-new/

ScarabEpic22
December 28th, 2012, 07:15 AM
Sounds like a challenge, until GM starts using WBO2s for the pre-cat O2s, there will ALWAYS be something left on the table. Besides, isnt the E39 DI and we've been tuning that for over a year, no?

Boost
December 28th, 2012, 07:30 AM
amen LOL well said Erik :D

GMPX
December 29th, 2012, 01:13 PM
The controller is the E92 from Seimens (sp) and from what I have been told it has not been cracked by anyone yet. It has been used in Europe on several different cars.
Are you sure you aren't confusing it with the E39? The E39's were Siemens built and are used on some Euro cars, but the E92 is a Delphi controller.

Gordy M
January 2nd, 2013, 06:14 AM
I will check with my friend again, but as I recall he said it was a Siemens built controller, I will be seing him this weekend and will let you know. He mentioned it was a European controller but he might have said it was it was like the Siemens controller.

GMPX
January 2nd, 2013, 11:47 AM
Well one of our good customers in Indiana has seen the production line at Kokomo for the E92, so I'm going with Delphi.
But in the end it doesn't matter who makes the hardware, if it's GM's code running it then we can all breathe a sign of relief, if it's a Euro ECM with Euro code (eg the LML ECM) then that would be a disaster.