PDA

View Full Version : Fuel Pressure Reg tuning

TorqueDieselLLC
December 13th, 2012, 04:36 PM
One of my good friends has a 6.7 that i have been helping him build. Everything has been going just fine with the tuning, even after adding larger injectors and turbo. He then decided to modify his cp3 on his own. He did it the "drimmel" way by making the end of the triangle larger. Now the ecm is having a harder time keeping the rail pressure in check as yall can imagine. I have helped it but i havnt got it completly right yet. See screen shot....

I am now adjusting the PID section to try to get the corrections in check, am i on the right track? the first attempt had good results. Just not sure how far to go.

2007 5.9
December 13th, 2012, 04:39 PM
I'd say he opened the triangle up too much.

TorqueDieselLLC
December 13th, 2012, 04:52 PM
Yeah i tried to get him to just buy a modified FCA but there are too many write ups on the WWW so he wanted to do it on his own. I even warned him that it would probably over shoot the desired rail pressure and would for sure have to be re-tuned. It really isnt that bad to drive the only time it does what you see there is if your into it harder then normal but not WOT. I guess i will play with the PID section a little more then.