PDA

View Full Version : custom DIC readout?

ace22487
December 13th, 2012, 08:42 PM
Can this be done on the Cummins on the DIC readout in the headliner?

GMPX
December 14th, 2012, 09:40 AM
Not that I know of, the messages displayed in the overhead console are pre-programmed in to that unit, unlike GM where the actual message containing the text is sent to the cluster.

Boost
December 14th, 2012, 03:41 PM
I miss the GenIII trucks text edit!

http://youtu.be/kqCi3b5P1b4

ace22487
December 24th, 2012, 07:53 PM
has anyone been able to do a cluster reflash yet? I'm looking to set up messages in the DIC (on a GM) on start up, I know it was talked about a long time ago, just wondering if anyone has been able to look into it?

DURAtotheMAX
January 2nd, 2013, 08:38 PM
has anyone been able to do a cluster reflash yet? I'm looking to set up messages in the DIC (on a GM) on start up, I know it was talked about a long time ago, just wondering if anyone has been able to look into it?

You would probably have to make some external module to send the ASCII text message to the cluster upon every startup. That would probably be the easiest way, rather than re-writing the actual cluster software...

joecar
January 3rd, 2013, 04:49 AM
Cluster editing/flashing does not nett any performance gain, so no body would have looked into this.

DURAtotheMAX
January 3rd, 2013, 07:12 AM
If you were really good and had a lot of time on your hands, you could probably break down the TrailBlazer SS instrument cluster software/code and "reverse engineer" it to add it into the GMT-800 instrument cluster code.

I say this, because the TrailBlazer SS cluster has a cool "TRAILBLAZER SS" message come up on the DIC at every startup...and the trailblazer instrument clusters (as far as I know) use the same basic hardware as the GMT-800 clusters.