PDA

View Full Version : COS with AutoCal?

ls1mike
December 15th, 2012, 04:23 PM
Tried to flash a COS to a LS1B with an autocal. Saved the .tun as an autocal .ctz and tried a full flash. Tried a few things got an error I wasn't familar with 5027? something like that.

Anyway is is possible? I just did it on my flashscan but would be good to know for the future.

Thanks, Mike

ScarabEpic22
December 16th, 2012, 07:35 AM
Did you embed your FS serial number in the tune? To flash with an AC, you need to save the file for remote flashing in the V7.5 tune tool (File->Save tuning file for remote flashing) then use that file to flash via AC.

Ive forgotten to do this a few times ha.

If you did embed the serial number, then try it again and post up the error message.

ls1mike
December 16th, 2012, 08:29 AM
I did do that.

Cannot try again, COS is already installed, using the flashscan.

ScarabEpic22
December 16th, 2012, 07:30 PM
Full flash it back to an original GM OS, then full flash it to a COS.

Was it a base COS file (ie, just the COS and no calibration data) or was it a full COS tune (COS and all calibration data)? Honestly I just shooting in the dark, have to get Ross in here to explain whats up.

ls1mike
December 20th, 2012, 04:48 AM
Can't do a full flash, the customer is long gone and wouldnt be too happy about deleting his PCM now that he is driving it. How can I make this more clear? This is the AUTOCAL section.

I think it just isn't possible.

I do appreciate the input though.

ScarabEpic22
December 20th, 2012, 10:33 AM
You're being perfectly clear, Im trying to figure out why it worked with a FS and not with an AC.

Did you flash it via V7.5, V8, or BBFF?

ls1mike
December 20th, 2012, 11:30 AM
Tried to flash with the AC then it got the error, tried a few ways.

Tried to flash in v7 and it kept saying complete but wasnt writing anything, ended up having to do "recover PCM" option and crank relearn.

ScarabEpic22
December 20th, 2012, 01:06 PM
Ah, so you didnt try V8 then? Im asking because V8, FS V2, and ACs all use the exact same code/bootloaders to flash. If it worked with V8 but didnt with an AC, there's something weird going on.

Next time try to flash with V8 or with your FS V2 directly (not pass through) and see if it fails.

GMC-2002-Dmax
December 24th, 2012, 09:21 AM
Did you update the Bootblock and Firmware on the AC to match the software version ?

ls1mike
December 26th, 2012, 01:27 PM
V7 passthru worked so didnt try 8.

Both were up to date.

Nobody else has even tried this?