PDA

View Full Version : have a question for you guys? well a couple...duramax related

gmc6.6
December 17th, 2012, 03:43 PM
hey you guys, New here, so please forgive stupid questions and ignorance, a couple months ago i bought an efi live v2....and i bought tunes from ppei and the v2 has honestly sat on the shelf for over 6 months...well now that i finally have some time off from work i want to learn all i can....during my time off me and a friend of mine have decided, we want to try some of the tunes i had found on diesel place......now for the questions...both trucks are lb7's the tunes i have found all state no stock trans or stock trans safe...i am assuming this is referring to the allison, my buddy has a zf6 (6 speed) duramax....how will that affect the compatibility of the tunes with his truck....second, i did learn how to install the tunes when i first got the v2 and how to buy licences, but i have already forgotten nearly all of what little i knew about the v2 out side of using it for diagnostic, so may someone please help refresh my memory....will i have to extract the tunes i had already purchased from ppei before i go on installing the others? will i have to save the stock file for the zf6 duramax? i know these are a lot of questions but please someone knowledgeable please help....much thanks :help2:

tokymon
December 18th, 2012, 06:53 AM
the tunes that are not stock transmission safe have a chance of slipping the clutch in the zf6
and i would be careful using tunes from unknow people ( log, and take it easy , watch youre pyro)

gmc6.6
December 18th, 2012, 08:09 AM
it has a south bend double disk clutch im just wondering if i load them up will the truck run correctly useing tunes that came off a truck with an allison

tokymon
December 18th, 2012, 08:35 AM
i would compare the operating systems , sorry dont work on many stick shifts up here in canada in a duramax

gmc6.6
December 19th, 2012, 03:54 AM
how would i compare the operating systems?

tokymon
December 19th, 2012, 04:22 AM
download the tunes you want to try and open see what operting sysytem it is ,then down load truck
if there the same then it will work, you would be better off searching on this forum for "scripting "
that way you use the orginal tune fron the truck and easily make the changes from the tune from diesel place

Boost
December 19th, 2012, 06:13 PM
I would use caution as a lot of the engine settings determine shifting in a Duramax. The tune should be made for a stick shift truck and also I think you should use your own operating system. They are not always perfectly interchangeable.