PDA

View Full Version : Seirial number 00000000 and locked pcm?

2ktransam
December 19th, 2012, 06:37 PM
I just bought a s10 with a lq4 swap and the pcm was tuned by someone else. I think it may have been done by Current Performance Wiring which is a company that makes most of the swap parts for these trucks. I looked on their website and it looks like Ed Wright might do their tuning for them.

When I first connected to the truck it wouldn't read the pcm so I used the alt key option and it pulled the tune out. I made a few changes to the tune and tried to load it back in and it came up with an error for serial number 0000000000. I checked the the pcm status and it says locked so I can't do a reflash to reset the serial number. Is it possible that the pcm is really locked even though I was able to read the loaded calibration? Could it be that another software was used to tune the truck? Please help. Here is a screen shot of the operating system.

minytrker
December 19th, 2012, 07:26 PM
They use HPT and so far I havent seen a locked tune from them. I have retuned several vehicles that had pcm's and parts from Current Performance.

2ktransam
December 19th, 2012, 07:48 PM
They use HPT and so far I havent seen a locked tune from them. I have retuned several vehicles that had pcm's and parts from Current Performance.

Do you have to do anything specific to overwrite a HPtuner file? Could this just be a problem with the serial number?

2ktransam
December 20th, 2012, 06:10 PM
Got it figured out. Thanks

joecar
December 21st, 2012, 04:51 PM
Got it figured out. ThanksWhat did you do...?