PDA

View Full Version : Newbie question - scanning HO2S11 & HO2S21

Rich Z
December 23rd, 2012, 01:10 PM
I finally got my LC-1 wired up and hooked up to EFILive, so I did some data logging today. Mostly just to see if I could actually see AFR data coming from the wideband, and sure enough, I'm getting SOMETHING in the logged data. The numbers look fairly reasonable to my untrained eye. But I did notice a few things odd in other displays.

One is the data being logged by my narrow band senors. I wasn't seeing any traces at all in the chart, but the reason for this was because (I'm using the Default Imperial dashboard, btw) the data being captured was in the range of 0 to 1,000, yet the chart is set up to display 0 to 1.1. Evidently the data collected is in millivolts, but the chart is set up to display in volts, and the two don't seem to know they are speaking different languages. Is there a PID that captures data in volts? All I see is the Heated O2 Sensor Voltage Bank 1 & 2 - Sensor 1 (mV). Obviously I'm overlooking something, but darn if I can figure it out yet.

BTW, to anyone newer than me at this, SAVE all the stock chart series elements in a backup folder to be recalled when you overwrite them inadvertently. I don't know how many times I have done that now by simply trying something to see what it changes and the default chart displays I am looking at gets overwritten without asking.

It also looks like I've got an intermittent problem with my IAT (Incoming Air Temperature) reading. I took six (6) total logs while driving (figured out how to do that, yay!), and for the most part my IAT readings looking good averaging around 62 degrees. But every once in a while it went bonkers and starting pinning the needle at the top value and then fluctuating between the normal and high reading randomly. Does anyone know if a high value in that reading means a short or an open in the sensor or harness? Obviously I need to find this problem and fix it.

How many newbie questions can I put in a single thread like this? I've got a bunch of them now..... :Eyecrazy: