PDA

View Full Version : Newbie question - dashboard problem

Rich Z
December 23rd, 2012, 07:28 PM
And things were going so good......

I wanted to look over my log files I scanned today, but something has gone haywire in my scanner program. I'll open the log file, and the scan screen will show the dashboard name fine at the bottom of the status display, but neither of the dashpages are displaying. Tried just loading in the dashboard, but that gave me the same result.

Pic is attached to this post.

Well, that's just great. So how do I recover that custom dashboard I created? Even more important, how do I view those log files I created today?

Now the odd thing is that some of the MAPs I played around with ARE still visible when I click on the selection letters for them.

So what did I do wrong? This isn't the end of the world, but I sure as heck don't want to keep on making this kind of mistake if I can help it.

mr.prick
December 25th, 2012, 10:19 PM
shft+ctrl+o

In the scan tool:
edit> properties> startup tab
select the .vdf and check the always load dashboard file box.

Rich Z
December 26th, 2012, 12:35 PM
shft+ctrl+o

In the scan tool:
edit> properties> startup tab
select the .vdf and check the always load dashboard file box.

Yes, I saw that option, but it doesn't do me any good if the dashboard is apparently corrupted. I can't call it up even manually selecting to open it. I don't know what trashed it and am concerned that I might do it again. So is there a way to recover a trashed dashboard?

Thanks....

joecar
December 26th, 2012, 07:15 PM
Can you open the dashboard file (6th button from the left)...?

Rich Z
December 26th, 2012, 08:49 PM
Can you open the dashboard file (6th button from the left)...?

Well it pretends to open, but the dashpages are blank. I tried opening it from the menu selection as well with the same results. The MAPs are there, so apparently it is reading something related to what I was playing around with on that dashpage. The only thing I can recall I did that might have blown up the dashboard was that I didn't realize that I can't change PIDs (I think that's what it was) on a dashpage while a log file is open. Could that have blown it up?

joecar
December 26th, 2012, 09:43 PM
Try to create a new dashpage (add gauges/charts) and save to a new filename.

joecar
December 26th, 2012, 09:44 PM
You can change a dashpage with a log open.

Rich Z
December 28th, 2012, 01:12 PM
Try to create a new dashpage (add gauges/charts) and save to a new filename.

Well, I know I can just go ahead and create a new dashboard/dashpage, but I sure would like to know why my current one just got corrupted. Are there any known "no-no" things I might have done to cause that? Any way to recover a corrupted dashboard/dashpage?

Thanks...

joecar
December 28th, 2012, 05:07 PM
Rich,

Zip up the VDash folder and email it to me.

Rich Z
December 28th, 2012, 06:49 PM
Rich,

Zip up the VDash folder and email it to me.

Sent! I also attached one of the log files that fails to load the dashboard pages I set up.

Thanks.

joecar
December 28th, 2012, 07:00 PM
Ok, I'll try those out on my PC tomorrow to see what is going on.