PDA

View Full Version : going back to the MAF

ZL1Killa
March 9th, 2006, 05:36 PM
Well fellas, I don't want to have to disconnect/remove my makeshift bellow and nor do I want to have to deal with swapping my MAF in and out. So I'm going back to MAF. Problem is inspection. If I don't like the MAF and the car isn't what it was MAFless then the MAF WILL be coming out and staying out...until inspection.
I know that some people say stay MAF and other say SD. Nick Williams says stay MAF, Alvin @ pcmforless says stay MAF. I'm going to jump back to it and dial in the MAF and see how she is.

Here is the main problem though, I have an excel sheet for the MAF to dial it in, but how do i go about doing so with EFI LIVE?
(I'm pretty sure someone did a right up on this but i can't seem to find it)

I'm already having a bad day so if someone could point me in the right direction that would be great...damn parts came in and the project was going smoothly until I realize I had Eddie Bazaar's stock gear and apparently also his crush washer for the pinion...another project on hold AGAIN

John Skiba
March 9th, 2006, 05:49 PM
Save yourself a headache and take advantage of GMs $$$ thrown in engineering.... use the stock table that is used for the MAF you are using. ;)

SinisterSS
March 9th, 2006, 06:07 PM
With a dialed in SD tune, calibrating the MAF is super easy and still provides SD like throttle response. It's a similar process to calibrating the VE using the BEN method.

http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?t=671

ZL1Killa
March 9th, 2006, 06:08 PM
got it. thanks guys!!!!!!!! now for that damn inspection

Scoota
March 10th, 2006, 11:47 PM
ZL1Killa, You should pass with fying colours.
Good luck.

Cheers Scotty.