PDA

View Full Version : MAF calibration using % error and fuel trims..

Chris81
March 9th, 2006, 06:47 PM
When using the % error for the MAF after the VE is dialed in..

Would it be best to add a certain percent (say 5-10%?) to the table and then re-enable it still in open loop and then driven and adjust from there?

Then, re-enable closed loop fueling? (probably OSV3 semi-open loop)

Redline Motorsports
March 10th, 2006, 05:31 PM
Good question I would like the answer as well. Seems as if you just went and added 10-15% to do the VE tune that adding 10-15% when enabling the MAF would be like starting all over again. I think if you build a map to log the BEN values it shouldn't be crazy off from the VE tune. I would think that the car would be leaner and hence the reason to add some fuel but it would make more sense to increase the MAF calibration to richen it and work backwards to get the right calibration......

Need more input!!!

joecar
March 10th, 2006, 08:26 PM
In OLSD, plot DYNAIR vs MAFFREQ, and use this as your starting MAF table; then with reenabled MAF use BEN corrections.

Chris81
March 10th, 2006, 08:48 PM
Joecar, I have a map that I got on here somewhere that uses DYNCYLAIR_DMA Grams/cyl with with the bens and MAF FREQ..

This will work fine right? I assumed this one was correct because in SD it goes along well with the changes made in the VE.

I have another one that uses the bens with rpm and MAF FREQ that I found..

joecar
March 10th, 2006, 09:20 PM
DYNCYLAIR_DMA is in g/cyl, and you want g/s, so it won't do.

Chris81
March 12th, 2006, 02:30 PM
ahh ok, I guess I got the wrong one..

So, I should use the map from post 20 on this thread then..

http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?t=1891&page=2&highlight=error

PSWired
March 14th, 2006, 02:36 PM
Also when logging MAF data be sure to filter out frames with throttle transitions- the MAF is only accurate with mostly static airflow rates.

VetPet
March 15th, 2006, 09:39 AM
Chirs, here's a link that should help you.

http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?t=671

Keep us posted. We can all probably learn something.

:cheers: