PDA

View Full Version : CALC.VET calc_pids.txt for serial LC-1?

Rich Z
December 30th, 2012, 12:34 PM
Yeah, I'm lazy. I really don't WANT to key in that text for calc_pids.txt while I am trying to rumage through the CALC.VET tutorial. So I went on a search here for that file that perhaps someone else already did the labor on. But the best I could find was a file that I believe is for an analog interface for the LC-1, and I am using the serial interface. I'm not quite up to snuff to know how to change this, although I'm guessing it's pretty simple for someone who knows what they are doing. So can someone tell me what I need to change in this file, please?

Thanks.

Blacky
December 30th, 2012, 01:05 PM
If you're using the serial WO2 interface than all wide bands use the same BEN factor PIDs:

CALC.BEN1 F54C CLC-00-960 factor WO2-Serial "BEN Factor Bank 1, Serial Wideband, LS1 style"
CALC.BEN2 F54D CLC-00-961 factor WO2-Serial "BEN Factor Bank 2, Serial Wideband, LS1 style"
CALC.BEN1_B F54E CLC-00-962 factor WO2-Serial "BEN Factor Bank 1, Serial Wideband, LS2 style"
CALC.BEN2_B F54F CLC-00-963 factor WO2-Serial "BEN Factor Bank 2, Serial Wideband, LS2 style"

Reagrds
Paul

Rich Z
December 30th, 2012, 06:30 PM
If you're using the serial WO2 interface than all wide bands use the same BEN factor PIDs:

CALC.BEN1 F54C CLC-00-960 factor WO2-Serial "BEN Factor Bank 1, Serial Wideband, LS1 style"
CALC.BEN2 F54D CLC-00-961 factor WO2-Serial "BEN Factor Bank 2, Serial Wideband, LS1 style"
CALC.BEN1_B F54E CLC-00-962 factor WO2-Serial "BEN Factor Bank 1, Serial Wideband, LS2 style"
CALC.BEN2_B F54F CLC-00-963 factor WO2-Serial "BEN Factor Bank 2, Serial Wideband, LS2 style"

Reagrds
Paul

OK, thanks. But I'm a newb at this and don't have a clue about how this relates to the modified calc_pids.txt file attached in my previous post. I'm trying to work through the CALC.VET Tuning Tutorial, so it would be EXTREMELY helpful if the tutorial would work for me "as is". Otherwise, it's really not a very helpful tutorial for a newbie.

So, in a nutshell, can I use that calc_pids.txt file I attached above, "as is", or do I need to use the lines in the tutorial exactly "as is" there in the tutorial's pages, or do I need to have those other code lines somehow incorporated into that text file? If either of the later two possibilities, does anyone have a calc_pids.txt file already keyed in and available to the struggling masses? Sorry, but I'm still at the bottom of this learning curve, and sometimes these tutorials don't appear to be written to tutor someone at my level of inexperience.

joecar
December 31st, 2012, 09:10 AM
Rich,

At the beginning of post #1 of the Calc.VET thread is the correct calc_pids.txt file...

this file: calc_pids.txt (http://forum.efilive.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=13243&d=1337978026)

from this thread: A-New-Twist-on-CALC-VE-Table-Computing-the-Entire-VE-Table (http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?15236-A-New-Twist-on-CALC-VE-Table-Computing-the-Entire-VE-Table)

I. SERIAL WIDEBAND USERS (REQUIRES V2)

1. Setup Calculated PIDS

calc_pids.txt (http://forum.efilive.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=13243&d=1337978026) <--- updated calc_pids.txt file

Copy that calc_pids.txt file to this location, or copy/paste its contents to the file at this location on your PC: My Documents\EFILive\V7.5\User Configuration\calc_pids.txt

Rich Z
December 31st, 2012, 10:57 AM
OK, great! Thanks! I've found it best to ask if something is still applicable rather than just assuming that such is the case.

joecar
December 31st, 2012, 07:17 PM
Better to ask that to not be sure :cheers:

Rich Z
December 31st, 2012, 07:59 PM
Better to ask that to not be sure :cheers:

Oh yeah. Trust me, I am FAR from being sure about anything with this tuning stuff quite yet. But I'll get there. I'm not too worried if it is later rather than sooner.

I intend to fully understand what I am doing before doing ANY tuning myself. Of course, that might mean you guys have to put up with a lot of questions. Hope that won't be too burdensome.... I'm doing the best I can to try to learn this without handholding ALL along the way.

COONDOG96
January 16th, 2013, 09:36 AM
OK this is a text file now how do I get it into the PID list so I can use it? Yes I'm a newb be I have spent almost 2 days trying to get this to work and still nothing. I'm not a programer or mush of a tuner I'm a motor head it can't be this hard. I'm about ready to put the laptop,cable,and PCM in the oven on 500 and go to a bar.

Rich,

At the beginning of post #1 of the Calc.VET thread is the correct calc_pids.txt file...

this file: calc_pids.txt (http://forum.efilive.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=13243&d=1337978026)

from this thread: A-New-Twist-on-CALC-VE-Table-Computing-the-Entire-VE-Table (http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?15236-A-New-Twist-on-CALC-VE-Table-Computing-the-Entire-VE-Table)

joecar
January 16th, 2013, 09:49 AM
Copy that calc_pids.txt file to this folder: My Documents\EFILive\V7.5\User Configuration

( post #1 in that thread contains all the how-to details )

Rich Z
January 16th, 2013, 09:06 PM
OK this is a text file now how do I get it into the PID list so I can use it? Yes I'm a newb be I have spent almost 2 days trying to get this to work and still nothing. I'm not a programer or mush of a tuner I'm a motor head it can't be this hard. I'm about ready to put the laptop,cable,and PCM in the oven on 500 and go to a bar.

Yeah, I'm planning on getting to that part of the tutorial pretty soon. I see in the referenced thread which PIDs to select. I'm assuming that when the text file is in the proper folder, that the values defined in calc_pids.txt become available for selection.

But the thread mentions a "CALC.VET Filter". Is this yet another file, or something that has to be set up manually at some point?

joecar
January 16th, 2013, 11:10 PM
I'm assuming that when the text file is in the proper folder, that the values defined in calc_pids.txt become available for selection.Yes, correct.

But the thread mentions a "CALC.VET Filter". Is this yet another file, or something that has to be set up manually at some point?The filter is already there... when viewing the map, click on the filter properties button, you will see various filters, select the BEN filter, you may have to edit it to look like what the thread says

( mostly, you want to exclude any throttle movement, and you want to include when engine is sufficiently warm and throttle is not zero )

COONDOG96
January 17th, 2013, 04:37 AM
Thanks sorry to whine so much but I did not grow up with computers it took me 2 days and over 8hrs to figger out how to get that file into that folder. Its ithere now so I'll see how it goes with the calcVE.
Copy that calc_pids.txt file to this folder: My Documents\EFILive\V7.5\User Configuration

( post #1 in that thread contains all the how-to details )

Rich Z
January 17th, 2013, 08:47 PM
Thanks sorry to whine so much but I did not grow up with computers it took me 2 days and over 8hrs to figger out how to get that file into that folder. Its ithere now so I'll see how it goes with the calcVE.

Man don't worry about the whining. :) I've been working with computers since around 1978 and this stuff is still a tough row to hoe. Questions tend to get answered here pretty quickly. Not saying that we will understand the answers yet, but they do try to reach us at our level if we let them know about it.

Rich Z
January 19th, 2013, 02:45 PM
Yes, correct.

The filter is already there... when viewing the map, click on the filter properties button, you will see various filters, select the BEN filter, you may have to edit it to look like what the thread says

( mostly, you want to exclude any throttle movement, and you want to include when engine is sufficiently warm and throttle is not zero )

OK, so I'm struggling up the learning curve with this stuff...... I've created the CALC.VET map. I'm looking at the CALC.VET map. But darn if I see anything that faintly resembles a "filter properties button". I see the button to EDIT filter settings, and there is a grayed out button to apply or remove a data filter, but that's it. I clicked on the EDIT filter button, which brings up a little screen which appears to want to allow me to select a filter, but the options available are rather limited. There are nine (9) available selections, but none of which are "CALC.VET". So what am I missing here?

COONDOG96
January 19th, 2013, 03:12 PM
You have to hit new name in the top right cornerof that little screen then put in CALC.VET. Then it will give you the right chorses.
OK, so I'm struggling up the learning curve with this stuff...... I've created the CALC.VET map. I'm looking at the CALC.VET map. But darn if I see anything that faintly resembles a "filter properties button". I see the button to EDIT filter settings, and there is a grayed out button to apply or remove a data filter, but that's it. I clicked on the EDIT filter button, which brings up a little screen which appears to want to allow me to select a filter, but the options available are rather limited. There are nine (9) available selections, but none of which are "CALC.VET". So what am I missing here?

Rich Z
January 19th, 2013, 03:28 PM
You have to hit new name in the top right cornerof that little screen then put in CALC.VET. Then it will give you the right chorses.

Well, I'm definitely not reading this right then. According to what I interpretted from Joe's comment, the filter itself already exists somewhere, and we don't have to create it from scratch. So did I just read that wrong?

COONDOG96
January 19th, 2013, 03:42 PM
I made mine if you find out were that F.P. button is let me know.

darcy
January 20th, 2013, 12:46 AM
In my EFILive the filter is called 'Base Efficiency Numerator (SAE.TP)'.

joecar
January 20th, 2013, 04:09 PM
Filter button: looks like a sloped rectangle.
Filter properties button: looks like filter button with finger pointing down into it.

Rich Z
January 20th, 2013, 06:31 PM
Filter button: looks like a sloped rectangle.
Filter properties button: looks like filter button with finger pointing down into it.

OK. I see them. But the filter button is grayed out and I can't click on it. It says "Apply or remove data filter: <no filter selected>" when I hover the mouse over it.

So do I somehow need to select the filter FIRST from the filter properties button? Maybe my perspective is wrong, as I'm thinking I should be able to APPLY a filter first before being able to view and edit any properties within the filter.

Rich Z
January 20th, 2013, 06:37 PM
In my EFILive the filter is called 'Base Efficiency Numerator (SAE.TP)'.

Hmm, I'm going by the PDF tutorial which shows a filter named "CALC.VET". My earlier question was about THIS filter, and I thought it already existed somewhere. I think my brain stopped reading Joe's comment after the "The filter is already there... when viewing the map, click on the filter properties button, you will see various filters,". So the filter named "CALC.VET" doesn't actually exist, but one called "Base Efficiency Numerator (SAE.TP)" DOES, which may need to be edited (and I guess renamed?) to match what is needed in the actual "CALC.VET" filter mentioned in the tutorial?

Rich Z
January 20th, 2013, 07:05 PM
Oh great..... So I figured I could just rename that "Base Efficiency Numerator (SAE.TP)" filter to CALC.VET and make the edits necessary to create that filter the tutorial needs. I assumed it would CREATE a new filter file with the new name, not overwrite the original filter. Ding dong, you're wrong! Sheesh.... There is no COPY function? Just Edit or Create New?

So now that I've got this CALC.VET filter, how do I actually apply it to the map since the APPLY button is still grayed out and can't be clicked on? Or is this only enabled when monitoring or capturing data?

Also, do I need to recover that original filter that I trashed somehow? I'm guessing it is included because it will be needed some time or another.

joecar
January 20th, 2013, 09:36 PM
The filter button would be available (not greyed out) when you're viewing a log.

You don't need to recover the original filter.

Read thru the filter to make sure it makes sense (what frames is it including or excluding)... post a screenshot of your filter.

:)

EagleMark
January 21st, 2013, 05:29 AM
The filter button would be available (not greyed out) when you're viewing a log.

:)That could be misunderstood. Filter is availble and not grayed out when log is loaded, but not while playing log.

Also the filter icon change from available to grayed out is very subtle. If you don't look close you can't tell.

joecar
January 21st, 2013, 09:02 AM
Ah, I will rephrase:

The filter button would be available (not greyed out) when you're viewing (not playing) a log.