PDA

View Full Version : engine swap= problems

way2much_01
January 2nd, 2013, 06:37 PM
heres the specs...02 gmc sierra iron L33, ls6 243 heads milled .025, 220 220 .581 on 114 lobe, I noticed white smoke come from the tail pipe and strong smell of fuel. I also noticed while logging I have so knock retard is this normal?Am I running rich? I'm also getting a dtc p0300 p0101 can anyone take a look at my logs to see where I should start for diagnostics? any help is appreciated

joecar
January 3rd, 2013, 04:45 AM
P0101: check MAF subharness/connectors;

P0300: check for misfires (coils, wires, plugs, injectors, airleaks, internal coolant leaks, compression, fuel pressure, fuel quality, O2S, grounds, etc).

It should run without knock occurring (are you using 91+ 0ctane fuel...?)

way2much_01
January 3rd, 2013, 05:02 AM
P0101: check MAF subharness/connectors;

P0300: check for misfires (coils, wires, plugs, injectors, airleaks, internal coolant leaks, compression, fuel pressure, fuel quality, O2S, grounds, etc).

It should run without knock occurring (are you using 91+ 0ctane fuel...?)

Yeah I'm using 91 and thanks for the help ill check and see what's happening

Mr. P.
January 4th, 2013, 10:15 AM
Several thoughts:

You are logging WAY too much stuff, a lot of PIDS there that are unneccessary.

In the second log, there are no misfires logged at all.

What injectors are you using, exactly?

I don't see any PIDs logged that can help determine how the PCM is fueling the truck.

As a starter, use the PIDs listed in the AutoVE tutorial for logging.

Since you have significantly altered the airflow behavior of the motor (we hope!) you NEED to get a GOOD wideband - best I have personally used and what I recommend is the NGK AFX ($275) it is damned accurate because it has a really good NGK sensor. IMO any wideband using a Bosch sensor (aka, most of them!) is worthless, make sure the wideband you buy uses the NGK sensor element.

- Steve.

way2much_01
January 5th, 2013, 11:28 AM
Several thoughts:

You are logging WAY too much stuff, a lot of PIDS there that are unneccessary.

In the second log, there are no misfires logged at all.

What injectors are you using, exactly?

I don't see any PIDs logged that can help determine how the PCM is fueling the truck.

As a starter, use the PIDs listed in the AutoVE tutorial for logging.

Since you have significantly altered the airflow behavior of the motor (we hope!) you NEED to get a GOOD wideband - best I have personally used and what I recommend is the NGK AFX ($275) it is damned accurate because it has a really good NGK sensor. IMO any wideband using a Bosch sensor (aka, most of them!) is worthless, make sure the wideband you buy uses the NGK sensor element.

- Steve.

I'm using stock injectors that came with the truck which I believe are 24# or 28#, as far as the tuning it's been tuned by black bear. And I do need a wideband!!!

Mr. P.
January 7th, 2013, 07:21 PM
Okay then get some wideband action going, and then log using the PIDS in the AutoVE tutorial; or email Justin and see if he would be willing to send you a PID selection file for you to use with the scan too, to get you started on your logging.

- Steve.

way2much_01
January 8th, 2013, 02:28 AM
Ok cool thanks for the help